Driven boar UK

I can't comment on the "Anti" situation in Australia, it may be very different to the UK, but I think a good test, is if you're happy to post pictures of yourself on Facebook public pages, with the animals you've shot, using your real name, rather than an alias !

I know people who have had very close shaves with them. Some of them just protest, but there is an element, who are very violent !

On an online hunting forum it is very important to never share your face, your name or where you hunt.

Or the fact that you hunt with a blaser and a dachshund less you be ridiculed for the rest of your natural life.

I have taken a few “good shots” with me
:-| :oops: Sorry, THAT is one of the scariest ideas I've heard in an awful long time. A competency test before being granted an FAC !

The anti's won't give a damn, they are what they are, and that's another thing we just don't need. I don't care how long you've been shooting, or how good a shot you are, there is alwas the possibility of a shot not going to plan.
i agree but these days we have to be cleaner than clean so it’s worth considering . Just having a reason to have a fire arm doesn’t necessarily make someone a competent shot or a safe shot. Considering the amount of hoops we have to jump through anyway why shouldn’t we have to prove that we can put a round within a pre agreed moa?

I believe that this would take some pressure off us regarding the anti’s and believe me the pressure is coming

i agree but these days we have to be cleaner than clean so it’s worth considering . Just having a reason to have a fire arm doesn’t necessarily make someone a competent shot or a safe shot. Considering the amount of hoops we have to jump through anyway why shouldn’t we have to prove that we can put a round within a pre agreed moa?

I believe that this would take some pressure off us regarding the anti’s and believe me the pressure is coming

Forget trying to appease the anti's. They don't give two hoots if a shot is good, or not. They want to ban hunting, PERIOD !

Where would you suggest this test took place ? For new applicants ? Everyone with a FAC ? It's bad enough some FLD's insist on having to do a DSC1, CAN OF WORMS !

Alan,

Sadly, we don't have the number of training facilities you have there in Sweden.

I think there are maybe a handful of driven boar/deer ranges in the country, and only one cinema

The outdoor ranges are cheaper, but shooting in the open, and pretty repetitive.

I would love to go to H&H more often, but the cost is prohibitive. A great shame, when it sits unused most of the time.
Mark, Mark, excuses ,excuses. You need some mates to share the cost of going to H&H. I heard that your mum hung a pork chop round your neck when you were a child so the dog would play with you :) . You really must work on your social skills and get some friends who shoot so they can accompany you ;).

It costs about as much as the H&H shooting cinema to go to the one at Landvetter and its about an hour and a quarter drive. I try and go 4 times a year. I shoot the running boar range about 3 times a month over the spring, summer months. Whilst i have closer ranges i drive a hour + so i can shoot with an old friend. We can talk bollocks and have a cup of coffee and a cheese roll in the club house. My old friend is 81 and just recently taken up practical pistol shooting.
I shoot the running moose range nearer to home.
When i hunted in England and was shooting a lot of deer, for every deer i shot i recon i shot 25 shot at paper. I was no stranger to the Short Siberia at Bisley . Bisley was an hour and a half from my home. I used to shoot quite a few sporting clay shoots. I will never be a George Digweed or Franz Albrect. But i like to think i a reasonably competent shot. I,m sure George and Franz never perfected their craft by making excuses about not practicing.

Mark, Mark, excuses ,excuses. You need some mates to share the cost of going to H&H. I heard that your mum hung a pork chop round your neck when you were a child so the dog would play with you :) . You really must work on your social skills and get some friends who shoot so they can accompany you ;).

It costs about as much as the H&H shooting cinema to go to the one at Landvetter and its about an hour and a quarter drive. I try and go 4 times a year. I shoot the running boar range about 3 times a month over the spring, summer months. Whilst i have closer ranges i drive a hour + so i can shoot with an old friend. We can talk bollocks and have a cup of coffee and a cheese roll in the club house. My old friend is 81 and just recently taken up practical pistol shooting.
I shoot the running moose range nearer to home.
When i hunted in England and was shooting a lot of deer, for every deer i shot i recon i shot 25 shot at paper. I was no stranger to the Short Siberia at Bisley . Bisley was an hour and a half from my home. I used to shoot quite a few sporting clay shoots. I will never be a George Digweed or Franz Albrect. But i like to think i a reasonably competent shot. I,m sure George and Franz never perfected their craft by making excuses about not practicing.

:rofl: I think that's why I'm obsessed with shooting boar ;) But I agree, shooting range for practise is the cheapest option, but 1.5-2 hours away.

I've been to H&H several times, both on my own, and with "friends", but unless you're with similarly experienced people, or better, a lot of the time is spent on instruction, rather than shooting, so you end up booking for twice as long, to compensate.

It doesn't matter where you are the antis are everywhere even on driven game in Germany,
The uk would never accept it here, at least in Europe every animal that is shot at gets a proper follow up.

Putting a round into a pre agreed M.O.A. never made anybody a competent hunter!
Ken.

I don’t see why it couldnt be done in Scotland
We have enough problems managing deer damage in many places without boar, they are a total nightmare for any
Land Manager due to the damage they cause.
And if you are a Roe stalker just watch your roe population drop ,many of my Continental clients tell me they have
practically no roe left due to the increase in boar numbers.
Each to their own of course, but personally I'm glad we have none here and long may that continue.

Putting a round into a pre agreed M.O.A. never made anybody a competent hunter!
Ken.

This is true. However the practice required to do that goes some way to ensuring that people have the basic ability to ensure not to miss on the easy ones.

why Isn’t anyone doing driven boar in the U.K. yet?

Not read all posts but do we, some how, after 3 pages still think that it would be legal to drive boar with dogs (a sufficient number of dogs) in the UK?? Perhaps I am missing something but I would guess it would be very much illegal.....Unfortunately.

Back