Eyes problem and semi auto

awsteed

Hi All. I recently had a major flair up with my master eye. Extremely sore, blood shot and inflamed. Saw the GP and it cleared up after 5/6 days. A day or so later I shpt my semi auto again and I’m having a repeat of the symptoms realising that I shot my semi auto the day before the previous flair up. I’m sure they are connected. Anyone had any experience of this before? I’m not going to shoot it again for a while and certainly my will wear glasses next time. Was told to put a white hanky over face and shoot it and see if any residue is blown back.

JMikeyH

I've had puffs of grit go into my eye after shooting my semi before from what I thought was a dusty cartridge, or maybe a sootier-than-usual burn but I don't know really. Never got any ailment from it just some irritation

dunwater

Defo something wrong, for a start you should have problems with both eyes, you're aiming it, never hit anything that way:lol:

Tazz

All semi autos throw some “debris” out of the side when they cycle, i have seen it in super slow motion. If you combine that with a wind in your face it will increase the issue. When I practice with my auto on clay grounds I always wear glasses so never get an issue. When I use the same gun for pigeon shooting and the wind is in my face then I can feel my eye getting slightly aggravated as soon as I put glasses on the issue disappears or if the wind is taking the debris away from you depending upon how sensitive your eyes are this will be anything between a minor issue to a major problem. Try shooting only in glasses i doubt you will have a problem

NoIDeer

Sat in a duck hide with a mate a few weeks back. My eyes were sore for around a week after grit from his semi-auto shotgun peppered my eyes.

awsteed

No haven’t changed brand. Bought some wrap rounds today for future use. Was referred to eye clinic today. Last place I wanted to go with C19 knocking around. Got steroid drops so hopefully clear up as time progresses.

deerstalker.308

I had this problem every time I had a cup of tea, always got a sharp stabbing pain in my right eye, went tho the quacks about it and he told me to take the teaspoon out.....
Sorry. I’ll get my coat.