First Boar

Jagare

Well done on your first boar. I shot one Friday night 85kg and the fattest boar I've shot. This summer must have been good feeding for them. I can just imagine how you struggled to get that boy in the back of the car. If I didn't have my quad i would not shoot them.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Hammo, you say on one of your permissions, is it close to where you live?

Any way of knowing if it was one of a local population or possibly one that was allegedly released not so long ago?

You certainly did well to get that one into the car on your own. You'r a better man than I Gungadin.

hammo

Hammo, you say on one of your permissions, is it close to where you live?

Any way of knowing if it was one of a local population or possibly one that was allegedly released not so long ago?

You certainly did well to get that one into the car on your own. You'r a better man than I Gungadin.
Cheers! Can't believe back didn't go, or a double hernia. Butcher estimates 100kg. Still wearing a self satisfied grin.

mudman

you allude that it could be from a recent release....

then why kill it? Dead boar dont breed, if they dont breed you don't have a population to take a 'harvest' from. Just seems all very short sighted, unless there are already wild boar established and breeding in the area that is

8x57

Distinguished Member
If they suddenly turned up on the land that I shoot over the landowner would want them all gone immediately. He lived in Germany for many years with his German wife, and is well aware of the damage that they can do. All very well for us to enjoy boar for their sporting value but slightly different if you are farming.

hammo

If they suddenly turned up on the land that I shoot over the landowner would want them all gone immediately. He lived in Germany for many years with his German wife, and is well aware of the damage that they can do. All very well for us to enjoy boar for their sporting value but slightly different if you are farming.
Yes, this.
Agricultural land, not a playground!

Reactions: VSS