Foxing tally year 2019

Paddy_SP

You guys really rack up the foxes. It makes me think back to the late 70s when a prime red was worth $90. With the number of fox that you guys grass, one could make a living if the price was still what it was. Ahhh, the good old days.
Ending 2017, we had a thousand foxes in three years (actually it was 1001), so I'm certainly in agreement with you!

DVS1

Nabbed 3 last night so my year so far is 8, 2 vixens and a dog. Nice still night with a gentle breeze, about 3° so not too chilly. Responded to the rat squeak call, although the last vixen bolted at the rat squeak (maybe she was educated on a previous night) but as usual she stopped to sit and have an watch in the field 164m away...mistake.

Great night as managed to stalk within 40m of 4 Roe, 2 bucks had a bit of a mini rut butt and then decided the object moving toward them wasnt to be trusted hahaha

You guys really rack up the foxes. It makes me think back to the late 70s when a prime red was worth $90. With the number of fox that you guys grass, one could make a living if the price was still what it was. Ahhh, the good old days.

Aye it would be nice to go back to the 70s when we were averaging £18 a skin. My pal who was snaring around a rural slaughterhouse and another adjacent 3000 acres bought a four track from skins.

Just the 2 so far, both on foot and with benefit of thermal. 1 dog who initially crossed my wind but made the mistake of stopping within range for a moment too long and a small vixen a couple of nights later. Sheep farm with lots of forestry around it so always plenty of incomers! Mate also took a big dog who was curled up against the base of a tree on same ground last Thursday and we frustratingly had to watch another youngster less than 75 yards across the road in a neighbours field. Guessing one of last years cubs as pretty stupid so shouldn’t be long......

Cyres

16.5 lb dog fox Monday eve and a small vixen last night with another ? dog seen later on.

No calling heard all evening.

D

DVS1

The foxes around my house are kicking up a din but the country ines are still quite quiet...maybe the city foxes like shagging more frequently :D

In my early teens, sbs 10 bore on buckshot brass reloads, wet cell in Barbour like a sieve in the pocket areas, spot lamp off an MG sports car underslung on barrels ... now on Thermal .. how times change EH.:old:

rms364

In my early teens, sbs 10 bore on buckshot brass reloads, wet cell in Barbour like a sieve in the pocket areas, spot lamp off an MG sports car underslung on barrels ... now on Thermal .. how times change EH.:old:
Ha ! This brings back memories of my early teens when we used to lug around a car battery and spot light of some old car. Thank God they invented the clulite!! And now thermal is so lite and usable.... happy days all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVS1

Up to 16 for the year to date with another couple last night, breezy but clear night that was perfect for thermal...clear as crystal!!

The foxes are starting to call around this way now quite regular and I saw a pair frolicking around so looks like the hanky panky be starting shortly.

Cyres

Shot a dog fox last night which raced in to a wam call. Later saw a pair, they completely ignored my call, appeared to have minds on other things, but still no calling. The dog I shot was extremely smelly.

D

1 dog at the weekend, seen it with the thermal watching me from the bushes for what seemed like a good hour.
I walked over and picked up my caller to move to a different part of the golf course. I turned around and had one last look through the thermal and seen it coming out of the bushes and mooching around.
I quickly lay down and took it at about 80 yards with the 17 hmr on the bipod with a red torch.
It should have waited a little longer I think. :)