Foxpro wildfire issue

TikkaTom

Hi to all Members .
I got a fox pro wildfire few months back and recently i downloaded the foxpro programmer so i could load in some new call i recieved from my buddy who in turn recieved from foxpro .. the procedure went well followed youtube video of how it all worked and managed to get the calls on the caller the program asked to disconect and so i did it then asked the sync the remote that took me a few min to figure but got that done! now my problem is i went back in to the program with the foxpro connected and i get no reaction to the caller being plug in to the program its like it doesnt see the caller connected at all !! i need to get it reconnected to finish off adding calls and grouping calls but the program or the caller is not cooperating .. hopefull there is some one who may have a suggestion for for me as to how i could get sorted thanks ..

bobjs

Tom

Send the lads at foxpro an email and they will tell you what to do.

Don’t try this but i am a fan of the foxpro stuff and had a few over the years, but i removed the lot from the computer and reloaded it and that worked, i also cleaned all the calls of the caller and that worked,

But: i have also lost everything and it took some real work to sort it and get it all working again,

Good luck

Bob.

TikkaTom

Cheers bob for speedy reply... I backed up the files and iv copy of new calls that I wanted on the fox pro but I did what u said not to lol I formatted the card to try over agen and still no good. Even the remote is empty lol. I dont think iv broken it I'm just not doing some thing right!! Il try reinstall the program on to laptop and see if that works ...

TikkaTom

if you get really stumped you can send it down bud and ill do some majic on it,

bob.
That's a seriously generous offer thanks. Il c how I go first . Il contact foxpro c what they recommend. If iv no joy il come back to ya .thanks agen

TikkaTom

So try as I may I can not get the fox pro to talk to the program!!
I have tried all I think I can!! I took the calls my buddy sent me I extracted them from the zip file they were in and sent them to a 2gig card I took from kids toy I put that card in to the foxpro caller and that did nothing !! Iv formatted the 2gig card more than once and replugged in the foxpro but I cant move the calls from the "source sound files " to the " caller sound Files" if I could I think I'd be sorted but it ant happen and I cant figure why??

Attachments

• 20200107_191814.jpg
    20200107_191814.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 16

Beretta shooter

I’m not an expert with this by any means and only managed to change the calls on my spitfire at the week end.
From what I remember the column on the left are the calls to be imported (ie taken from the computer) and the column on the right are the calls on the card.
Looks to me like the it’s not recognising the card from the caller?

TikkaTom

I’m not an expert with this by any means and only managed to change the calls on my spitfire at the week end.
From what I remember the column on the left are the calls to be imported (ie taken from the computer) and the column on the right are the calls on the card.
Looks to me like the it’s not recognising the card from the caller?
It's not recognising the caller at all ... the card is fine it's a drifferant one to what came with the caller and I can put files directly on to the card but when the card and caller are connected to the laptop it wont connect !! Iv deleted and reinstalled the program a few times now with no joy..
I'm stumped as to why the foxpro and program wont connect??

Beretta shooter

There was something I remember reading about a size limit for the cards also? I forget what size it was tho.
Also did you format the card to the correct format?

TikkaTom

Can’t you try to change the files on the original card also to confirm it’s not the program at fault?
Iv just sent foxpro an e mail explaining my issue !!
I downloaded the program on to my wifes laptop also and connected the foxpro but no joy!! Last night out of pure frustration I formatted the foxpro to start over in the hope I'd get the calls on to the card but it didnt work so ended up with noting on the card ...it shouldn't really be a problem but as I can get the caller to connect to the program if no way at the moment to get the calls on it..
I could try sending it to a friend of mine who has a foxpro wildfire and done the same as me with out any hassle at all !! Might be wort a try.
I'm getting well sick of it now !

Beretta shooter

I prob would have thrown it out the window by now if I’m honest. If you can remove the sounds from the card it must be reading the card.
Hopefully fox pro will get back to you with an answer or maybe even send you a new card out loaded with calls ;)

TikkaTom

I prob would have thrown it out the window by now if I’m honest. If you can remove the sounds from the card it must be reading the card.
Hopefully fox pro will get back to you with an answer or maybe even send you a new card out loaded with calls ;)
Its frustrating alright ... if iv to send the lot back to the states I will.. back to the hand call for a while

Beretta shooter

This all make a bit of polystyrene on a wet window screen seem alot easier

It certainly does, I’ve had my foxpro for around 2 years and until about 2 months ago had only used it 2 or 3 times but in the last couple months it’s been fantastic and helped me account for quite a few foxes. I wouldn’t want to be without it now......... unless it was to upgrade ;).

Blobby159

I don't know if this bears any relevance at all, but f.y.i. a card of say a NOMINAL 2 Gigabytes of storage memory availability won't actually have space for much over about 1.5 Gb in a real life working environment cos of the way they are organised.

EACH card needs a minimal operating system on it that then enables the card to be used for the storage of certain types of files. This uses up quite a large chunk of the available memory. ALSO, when a card says it has say 2 Gb of available storage space on it, when this measure is translated into real-life recognisable space numbers the availability is less than one anticipates and I think this is due to the way Giga-bits and Giga-bytes interrelate to one another. I am afraid I cannot remember how this actually works out, but I DO KNOW it means one has less space on any given memory storage device than one thinks he/she is buying in the first place... Smoke and Mirrors is what it is.... Smoke 'n mirrors....

ATB ...... and shoot safely

Lace1978

Tbf I own and use a fox pro on a weekly basis and as a keeper it's been worth every penny I just target places were I've seen signs of fox and just sit with the caller about 100 yards out and wait if I don't get any joy after half an hour I move areas and start again