• Left BASC

Votes: 91 44.0%
  • Was never with BASC

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Going to leave BASC or seriously considering

Votes: 52 25.1%

• Total voters

Terry2016

What do you all think? Let's hear it, please fellas. Up for us rallying around one of 'em and getting them elected? Need to know the level of likely support for this; otherwise, we can spend another year all whining about things...

Best,

Carl
I think its great that you are all considering it, that to me shows you really want the change, although something tells me you will get the most votes.. but lets see what the members say ,

Carl, Jimbo or Kes

Whomever went up I would be happy to support. but choice Carl it would be you .

BW

Terry

JabaliHunter

Agreed, that is a good way forwards, the GWCT do very similar - show me where they defend shooting to the same extent as BASC ?

All organisations are worth supporting if you can afford. I am not knocking any of them .. in fact I am a member of a a few however, I can see that BASC clearly support shooting the most ..
Err... highly publicised debate in parliament on banning grouse shooting - where did all the evidence come from? GWCT

In fact pretty much all the evidence for the sustainability and conservation benefits of shooting, used by all the other orgs, comes from... GWCT

CarlW

I think its great that you are all considering it, that to me shows you really want the change, although something tells me you will get the most votes.. but lets see what the members say ,

Carl, Jimbo or Kes

Whomever went up I would be happy to support. but choice Carl it would be you .

BW

Terry
That is incredibly kind of you, Terry. However, I am not an option if Kes is willing to stand. He is exactly what Council needs, in my opinion.

Kindest regards,

Carl

James0586

I will back whoever I/we need to succeed.

Whoever puts summit together needs the Majority of us to support this will be a strong move for the community however they need to have a wider view than just stalking and be able to present facts and not just their point of view.

Facts will need to be the basis of our defence. :thumb:

kes

Carl and Jimbo - I will do what you ask only because it needs one of us. My first choice would be Carl closely followed by Jimbo but if neither of you can, I will do it because I perhaps have been the most critical if not the most erudite. Let me know please. Nothing we can do if we cant even get someone elected to Council. I do not see BASC welcoming any of us !

jimbo1984

Carl and Jimbo - I will do what you ask only because it needs one of us. My first choice would be Carl closely followed by Jimbo but if neither of you can, I will do it because I perhaps have been the most critical if not the most erudite. Let me know please. Nothing we can do if we cant even get someone elected to Council. I do not see BASC welcoming any of us !
I have a lot of confidence in you kes I’ll support you fully , your right about the unwelcoming bit but I think you’ll do fantastic

Liveonce

I would also support any member on the forum who wants to be elected onto the BASC council with an aim of making them far more proactive.

Failing that I think somehow a small group like wild justice which can crowd fund as required to take legal action quickly when necessary would be very advantageous. I would like to think we would not be in the mess we are regarding GP reports if a judicial review challenge had been taken at the earliest opportunity.

kes

Do we have enough members (or potential members), no point otherwise ?
Anyone know when the next Council elections are and if there is a qualifying period of membership before one can stand?
I'll give some thought to the standard intro stuff for general voters - It'll be a bit 'Marmite' I'm afraid.

CarlW

Do we have enough members (or potential members), no point otherwise ?
Anyone know when the next Council elections are and if there is a qualifying period of membership before one can stand?
I'll give some thought to the standard intro stuff for general voters - It'll be a bit 'Marmite' I'm afraid.
Kes,

I'll start a new thread to get a measure of support.

Best,

Carl