Inserting image in conversation.

Robs

The attach files button is removed in a private conversation. Member has responded to a previous thread and wishes to see pictures for condition. Do I need to put in for sale and start a new thread or is there a block on images in private conversations. Tried to insert local link and it fails.

Don’t you have to host the picture on a site then use the picture symbol to add the url of it?,
Might be easier to swap numbers and WhatsApp pictures.

Put the pictures in the original thread, either by editing the original post or by adding a new post to the end, or ask for their email.

This is a good thread as permitting image insert from one's desktop within PM's rather than use of a "cloud" based account would be an easy win site improvement if the Owners are so disposed IMHO.

Its not always appropriate to insert images in the For sale thread in question (proof of Post Office posting receipt but one example) and neither the seller nor purchaser may be keen to issue an e-mail address to permit 'enhanced' correspondence!

K

This is a good thread as permitting image insert from one's desktop within PM's rather than use of a "cloud" based account would be an easy win site improvement if the Owners are so disposed IMHO.

Its not always appropriate to insert images in the For sale thread in question (proof of Post Office posting receipt but one example) and neither the seller nor purchaser may be keen to issue an e-mail address to permit 'enhanced' correspondence!

K
I sold some magazines recently. I would have been quite happy to email any extra pictures etc. I don’t see the harm, especially if you started one using your screen name @gmail etc

I sold some magazines recently. I would have been quite happy to email any extra pictures etc. I don’t see the harm, especially if you started one using your screen name @gmail etc
Agreed it’s a judgment call for both parties but you can’t get away from the fact there are some well dodgy characters on the Stalking Directory so to err on the side of caution is wholly acceptable.

K

Agreed it’s a judgment call for both parties but you can’t get away from the fact there are some well dodgy characters on the Stalking Directory so to err on the side of caution is wholly acceptable.

K
There’re some “dodgy character’s” as you put it in all walks of life.
However my experience with buying and selling, all be it a small number of items. Has been good, even the Post office did their bit without problems.
Let’s face it if you get to the point of actually selling/buying the item you will have to exchange details.
Yes you will get tire kickers asking for pictures etc. That don’t appear to reply once posted, but that is a fact of selling. You will always get it, but I doubt there’s any malice in the majority.
On top of that I know for a fact my details address email phone number are in circulation. I have a blocked list longer than my phone book on my phone. Is one more really a problem?

If you take a photo with an android phone chances are it will be stored to your google photos account anyway unless you have turned it off, so it is no trouble to click on the share button and include the generated code in your conversations, doing this starts a shared gallery between you and the recipient, to which you can then add more photos if required.

I would say that unless you know how to shut the gateway using cloud or 3rd party hosting then your pics ,docs and emails are there for the taking .WhatsApp has to be the safest ,encrypted pic send out there at moment .

Back