Late on Parade..

After a heavy days welding yesterday, today was meant to be go check what h seats have stubble cut around them, look for pigeons, give the dogs a good run. The dogs got their run on one big block but then Essex radio cut out with a phone call coming through!

I could hear the strain in my cousins voice, the second hay turner has a broken stub axle is there any....Yes what farm?

A late start with my evening stand for a muntjac was on my mind so any offer of help was rejected as the 9" grinder was in hand with keep out the ****ing way, go bale some hay.

The cool Nth wind was lush compared to the lunch time heat and dusty stone ground I had been working on, I had seen a muntjac on this field last week from a previous trip out, he was crossing quite late so I half guessed it would be a long wait...1.45 with him coming through a hedge on to this fresh grass meadow. He obliged and came up the slope but the nth breeze took my shouts to stop him away, but at 70 yds the walking stopped and his fat neck was in the X hairs. Out of velvet compared to the brace on Monday.

20210825_211029[1].jpg 20210825_211109[1].jpg 20210823_193516[1].jpg

Border

After a heavy days welding yesterday, today was meant to be go check what h seats have stubble cut around them, look for pigeons, give the dogs a good run. The dogs got their run on one big block but then Essex radio cut out with a phone call coming through!

I could hear the strain in my cousins voice, the second hay turner has a broken stub axle is there any....Yes what farm?

A late start with my evening stand for a muntjac was on my mind so any offer of help was rejected as the 9" grinder was in hand with keep out the ****ing way, go bale some hay.

The cool Nth wind was lush compared to the lunch time heat and dusty stone ground I had been working on, I had seen a muntjac on this field last week from a previous trip out, he was crossing quite late so I half guessed it would be a long wait...1.45 with him coming through a hedge on to this fresh grass meadow. He obliged and came up the slope but the nth breeze took my shouts to stop him away, but at 70 yds the walking stopped and his fat neck was in the X hairs. Out of velvet compared to the brace on Monday.

View attachment 218784 View attachment 218786 View attachment 218787
Nice one Tim 👌

uptonogood

As to velvet Tim .Seems no rhythm nor reason to the velvet / shed usually associated with Munties .
Weve seen hard antler at all times of the year and velvet when should be hard antler .
Would you subscribe to the ‘when born’ theory in munties until they settle into seasonal routine .That’s an older buck though if not mistaken .Your thoughts please sir .

Tim.243

As to velvet Tim .Seems no rhythm nor reason to the velvet / shed usually associated with Munties .
Weve seen hard antler at all times of the year and velvet when should be hard antler .
Would you subscribe to the ‘when born’ theory in munties until they settle into seasonal routine .That’s an older buck though if not mistaken .Your thoughts please sir .
I have no idea on when they are born theory but velvet in the summer months clean from nov as that is when the muntjac season starts... :rofl:

uptonogood

I have no idea on when they are born theory but velvet in the summer months clean from nov as that is when the muntjac season starts... :rofl:
And yet you’ve apparently shot a buck in hard antler in the summer months 🤭……..Apparently …..🤓but have no opinion as to why.Thanks for your input 🤓

Last edited:

uptonogood

Agreed about the shot is on but maybe I need to ask someone who knows a bit more than you two clowns 🤡🤡
Don’t be so bloody nosey, it’s none of your business how fat tim is 😆

well done on the munt, and I agree I get them in velvet at some odd times, but it’s irrelevant, a buck is a buck and if the shot is on it’s gone.