New Member Introduction

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!
Hi Everyone,

My name is Paul. I’m 36 years old and have loved and handled dogs all my life. I’ve raised and trained 6 different dogs in those years; several mutts and terrier mixes and one Springer Spaniel.

I’m American and grew up in the Southwest United States but currently live and work overseas. North Africa has been home for the last 6+ years.

My current hunting experience is fairly limited to dove, coyote, and I accompanied a buddy on his deer and elk hunts. I’ve been researching small sporting breeds for the last several years as I’m looking for a sporting dog that can travel with us when we go to Europe and fly to the USA, AND be an excellent family companion.

After lots of research I’m leaning toward the Teckel. From my experience with several terrier and dachshund mixes, and my desire to have a tracking dog and rough shooting companion that can travel small, I think the Teckel is the best fit.

I have read many of the threads and have learned a lot already from the vast experience of the contributors here, and I’m excited to learn more and connect with guys and gals that can help along the way. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Paul. I’m 36 years old and have loved and handled dogs all my life. I’ve raised and trained 6 different dogs in those years; several mutts and terrier mixes and one Springer Spaniel.

I’m American and grew up in the Southwest United States but currently live and work overseas. North Africa has been home for the last 6+ years.

My current hunting experience is fairly limited to dove, coyote, and I accompanied a buddy on his deer and elk hunts. I’ve been researching small sporting breeds for the last several years as I’m looking for a sporting dog that can travel with us when we go to Europe and fly to the USA, AND be an excellent family companion.

After lots of research I’m leaning toward the Teckel. From my experience with several terrier and dachshund mixes, and my desire to have a tracking dog and rough shooting companion that can travel small, I think the Teckel is the best fit.

I have read many of the threads and have learned a lot already from the vast experience of the contributors here, and I’m excited to learn more and connect with guys and gals that can help along the way. Thanks!
Oh yes, and I’ve shot 17HMR, 22LR, 9mm, 223, 45ACP, and some 12 and 20 gauge shotguns

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!