New rimfire scope

BryanDC

I'm looking for a new scope for my CZ 455. I don't want to spend a lot so I am looking at a Hawke Vantage or a Nikko Stirling Panamax. Is one any better than the other?

Hawke Vantage are great, especially if you want to use a Pard, the parallax is down to 30yds.
I got one on my CZ 527 .22 Hornet , plus a spare one 3-12X44 SF, as new, which is up for grabs btw, if interested .

If not wanting NV then look at either the BSA sweet 22 or the Vortex Diamondback both cracking scopes, light good at dusk, excellent with a torch and won’t break the bank.

The Nikon Buckmaster Rimfire is the previous Prostaff with parallax reset to 50 yards, only $110 here in the USA.

The Nikon Rimfire 3-9x40 AO is more of a target scope for known ranges.

I've got the older non-illuminated MTC Mamba Lites on my Anschutz 1417 and 1422, also one on an HW100 and used them on my M48 .223 and M12 .308 before upgrading. Cracking scopes and shot loads of things from targets through to Red stag with them.

Thanks for the input. I'm looking at the Hawke 4-16 x 50 AO IR or the equivalent Nikko (4.5-14 x 50). I want something with adjustable parallax focus as I find it useful to use the high mag at close range sometimes. Not so worried about any night vision as we are not allowed to use it here. It sounds like the Hawke is the one to go for.

Got 3 alltogether ,nice clear glass and for the price does more than a good job ,and the AO is fine and easy to use ,good choice atb

Thanks for the input. I'm looking at the Hawke 4-16 x 50 AO IR or the equivalent Nikko (4.5-14 x 50). I want something with adjustable parallax focus as I find it useful to use the high mag at close range sometimes. Not so worried about any night vision as we are not allowed to use it here. It sounds like the Hawke is the one to go for.
Look at the newer Bushnell Rimfire scopes with side parallax, duplex or BDC reticles, sets of turrets for dialing .22 LR, .22 WMR, and .17 HMR.

Back