Optolyth spotting scope cover / case

sauer

Hi folks

I have an Optolyth draw scope and it's great ... but currently under my drivers seat in car with a window mount for quick spotting .... it's currently in an old big thermal sock for protection

Any ideas on where to look for a cover or case?
Doesn't have to be leather could be neoprene , doesn't have to be dedicated optolyth ... as long as it fits , then I'd probably use it more ... Carry with me as well as sit in truck
Mine like this

Any ideas
?

Cheers
Paul

sauer

Hi tuck1

I think I've sourced an Optolyth ready bag where I can keep it in and unzip the ends to use ....fingers crossed ....

But if not then that's a good idea and one I'll persue .

Thank you

Paul

tuck1

No worries, I hope you find something. I've been having the same problem with my hertel draw scope, can't find a case anywhere, it's too tatty to spend lots of cash on it but I'd like something with a carry strap, or you never seem to have it when you really want it!

enfieldspares

An length of black or grey plastic drain pipe with two blanking caps. One glued on the other not. Good builders' merchants have that stuff.

Elsewise Optolyth are still in business and have some cases in stock. Although none for my 7x50 Royal binoculars.

Many an old fashioned back street cobbler might enjoy the project of making a leather case. And it's not too difficult.

Doubt though if Timpson's would do you one. LOL.

Last edited:

tuck1

Funnily enough I had considered the drain pipe idea recently, and still may use it if a leather one doesn't come along. If you saw the condition of my scope you'd understand why I am reluctant to spend a lot of money on it! However I enjoy using it, there used to be some superb leather workers on here displaying their wares a while ago, so maybe I'll investigate, otherwise we have a superb cobbler here.

Paul, my apologies for derailing your topic.

sauer

Not derailing thread at all !

If you can get something from this thread and anyone else...& helps fill a niche hole or item then crack on and all the better .

Try I think his name in here is "MelB". .?
Or similar
His wife makes choke wallets and round holders all out of beautiful soft leather .....might be worth a phone call and seei fable to do a padded version , their prices are unbelievable cheap and good quality stuff ...
I have a choke wallet from them & a leather pouch for keeping fire lighting materials in ....
If this ready bag doesn't work out either that or the vacuum flask cover dimension wise looks ideal for my Optolyth !

Be it all of the above or a damn good looking ok round camera shops bound to find a scope cover somewhere ..

Paul

lochty

Paul - there's a blole at Meigle called Scott Exeley leathers who I believe will custom make stuff like scope cases. He has a sign at the side of the road, just the Perth side of Longleys. He might be able to help, probably worth a search.
Theres also KP leather at Murthly who will do custom work. Karen has a facebook page, again, worth a search. Hope this helps, Dave

Last edited:

tozzybum

Hi Paul Mel,s mrs Linda made me a cracking case for my optricon spotter ,gave her the measurements and within days a superb double stitched case with integral zip and shoulder strap appeared.They know what theyre doing ,quality ,price and delivery all in atb:tiphat:

sauer

Thank you ,

Mine is a 22x70 ...but I've found an Optolyth case for a25x75 so hopefully should be ok ...find out when I get home .

Paul

mel b3

hiya guys,

thankyou for the very generous words about our products.

ive just had a word with her good self . we already make a soft leather drawstring pouch , approx 4" x 6" , and these are £8.00 , but , we can make them in pretty much any size to fit any item, alternatively , she could make a drawstring pouch that would take a thermal spotter / nv spotter , or pretty much anything really , it would be made from soft leather , and then lined with a layer of foam , and then a layer of faux sheepskin , these would cost £15.00 to £20.00 depending on size , and as always postage would be free.

just drop me a pm if youd like more info.

cheers,

mel.