PDS1 Certificate & Proficient Deer Stalker Training vs DSC1

I think that to stalk unaccompanied you need to be in the 'Crapeolus Plus' group which requires extra money (not stated how much on the site, but says you should get in contact...). I would imagine the £250 per quarter still means you need to pay a guide and will need to pay for the animal as well.
Very expensive, but you can see how this will appeal to some exclusive types who can afford it and like the feeljng of belonging to some sort of inner sanctum.
The plus scheme is an additional £112.50 + vat per month, on top of the club membership of £250.00 + vat per quarter.

So all in, including vat is £2,820 pa.

All the clubs outings and trips are extra...!!!!

For example; a 2 hour "zeroing" session is £135 + vat...

Last edited:

308tikka

There is a place for it, and that place is for those whose time is much more valuable than the large salaries they earn.

I dont begrudge others spending THEIR hardearned how THEY see fit. Its expensive. Its in a group of likeminded people. The accessories and lifestyle options are top end.
I hazard a guess several of this club couldnt hit the proverbial barn door. Or stalk in unaided.

however,
hes doing many people a favour. To each their own.

stubear

I do think thats a bit of an insane price for a non-accredited qualification to be honest. DSC is internationally recognised but so far as I know this one isnt - it certainly would be a bit misleading to say the least for someone to pay that sort of money for a piece of paper that no one outside of CDS recognises. If that were me I would be pretty ticked off I would think.

That said CDS seems to be aimed at City types with deep pockets who can afford their fees and dont mind paying them. I've seen some of their YT videos and the guests are ferried around in a Range Rover and go to gastro pubs for lunch, plus they seem to hold regular evenings at swanky places in Mayfair for cigars and cocktails. I did also see on a video that one of the members owns a private jet and flew a group of them up to Scotland to go stalking, and if you can afford a private jet whats a few grand a year to enjoy your hobby?

If you're earning a Kings ransom at work, live in London and have very little spare time then I can imagine they are a great club for being able to get out stalking on your doorstep. I recall reading on their website that there is an option to join what is effectively a syndicate and you can book to go out on your own at one of their bits of ground. No idea on the cost though!

If people can afford it and it works for them then fair play.

tozzybum

Its the old adage earn more money move your debts up routine or a fool and his bonus are easily parted .Yes an exclusive London club with an interesting name but if all your "friends" are of a similar persuasion you wouldnt know any better .
Fair play to the man who has worked out how to milk the cash cow ,he,s not breaking the law just leading the gullable to hand over their money so his Police pension goes a lot further .
The only downside is if they believe this is a "real "qualification rather than just a club scam to get more money from their members

vizslamad

I think that to stalk unaccompanied you need to be in the 'Crapeolus Plus' group which requires extra money (not stated how much on the site, but says you should get in contact...). I would imagine the £250 per quarter still means you need to pay a guide and will need to pay for the animal as well.
Very expensive, but you can see how this will appeal to some exclusive types who can afford it and like the feeljng of belonging to some sort of inner sanctum.
Don’t you mean inner rectum:lol: