Price per Acre

slider

How many deer, how many do they want culled, what is access like, how much cover, is there much public access, is there any other sporting shooting....... Sorry but to many variables

ashray

£3.50 approx down this way an acre but it does depend on lots of variables as stated by slider .dont pay anything until you have looked at the land and check how many other people stalk/shoot on the ground and if there are deer present! you may get lucky and agree a price per animal,about £40 but if you over shoot the ground and show large amounts culled the price will go up but your will have cleared out the deer so will have no stock left.be carefull the ground has not been shot out.good luck.

Last edited:

Erik Hamburger

I suggest another approach may be fruitful: As you're offering the farmer/landowner a SERVICE at your expense in your time, why should you pay? Offer you will do it for free and give the farmer a share of the venison.

black lab

As MS said price per Roe shot, if your getting £60 per beast £30 to him or give him a beast one for one!
Best of Luck
Wullie

Where are you getting £60 for a Roe. Am I missing out?
Most of my land is 50/50
and money or meat

Taystalker

I suggest another approach may be fruitful: As you're offering the farmer/landowner a SERVICE at your expense in your time, why should you pay? Offer you will do it for free and give the farmer a share of the venison.

Don’t know about your part of the country but there are plenty people willing to pay up here which makes it a competitive market.

JTO

Don’t know about your part of the country but there are plenty people willing to pay up here which makes it a competitive market.

Quite! It all depends if there is an 'ambitious' guide in the area who can find enough clients.

JTO

That should ruffle a few feathers,

VSS

There are plenty of people willing to pay for stalking, everywhere. But the right approach may still see someone offering a deer management service being given priority over a paying syndicate.

wise man

In my opinion no one should pay anything for stalking your providing a service for them your time your expense it all counts.
Being it farmers land owners Forrestrey commission whoever but there’s always someone willing to pay top dollar and that’s the problem.
just my ten dods worth on the subject.

Chasey

We have clients who we pay nothing and they ask nothing of us. One is a vegitarian so he doesent even want meet. We have a venison on demand client a work party client and a client we pay.

It all depends on the value of what your getting and the value the land owner puts on your service.

Arguably the 20 odd man days we put into the client who wants a work party + small jobs done, costs us a lot more then the land we pay for.

The other problem is "can you just" some of the little "can you just" jobs can work out very expensive.

Glen Cadwallader

I'd agree with a lot of what's been said, we buy and bid on sporting land all the time and it varies massively on location, species of deer and you can be sure there will normally be someone willing to pay more!

kieran222

It's a nice idea thinking that we shouldn't pay for stalking but the reality is that it has a sporting value which people are prepared to pay for, just look at the amount of people with "Wanted" adds for syndicate places prepared to pay for stalking. Consider your self lucky if you don't have to pay for the privilege of shooting on somebody else's land. Lots of people would prefer to pay for the stalking rights than fork out for each individual stalk.

chanonry

Depends whether the owner/manager wants someone to pay to run a zoo on their land or actually want them culled for environmental reasons.

There are plenty of people going about that have free stalking or get paid to do it, but they are not running zoos.

JTO

Depends whether the owner/manager wants someone to pay to run a zoo on their land or actually want them culled for environmental reasons.

There are plenty of people going about that have free stalking or get paid to do it, but they are not running zoos.

I like that!