Available: PRL style set up for .22LR

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope
I've spent a bit of time this lock down building a PRL style layout for .22LR

Aimed at those with

1. .22LR precision practice requirements to augment their centre fire PRL skills
2. A desire to hone their field precision shooting skills
3. A desire to get some fresh air and shoot for fun

Shooters can either use my rifles under the 'estate rifle rules' or bring their own - I will have available a range of rifles from 452 / 455 CZs to Vudoo V22s

Those that bring their own will need to have their rifles conditioned for field shooting as opposed to target as we are not an HO approved range

We are operating under the miniature rifle range rules so are not age restricted to 17 years old

We shoot off barricades (similar to those you would use in the field) from 50m to 160m at targets of 3", 2" and 1"

Free standing shooting available on request, as is load dev and centre fire practice but that is separate from the ''miniature range'' activities

Moderators will be required on all rifles

We have range insurance to £5 million

I'm keeping the cost reasonable so £75.00 per person per day - max 12 people, but I'm happy if just one wants to come - however that is £100 for a single person

We are near Newquay, Cornwall

Obviously not available until the lurgy rules are lifted

Last edited:

srvet

All the best of luck with this, the PRL style of competition is the best training for stalking marksmanship you can find. Shame you are so far away!!

scrumbag

John,

Please keep me in mind, the little got a 4-12x50 Hawke with a mil-dot reticle a little while ago and I've not shot it anything like enough.

Scrummy

Well done, it sounds fantastic! This is exactly the proactive approach to shooting we need. I’m sure you will be busy once restrictions ease, if only your set up was in Sussex. Anybody got land up this way to follow the lead?
all the best

Farmer_J

Those that bring their own will need to have their rifles conditioned for field shooting as opposed to target as we are not an HO approved range

Excellent work, I quite like the idea of this and would have a bash at it.

Could you confirm my assumption that ‘field shooting’ is a separate condition to target and/also zeroing on land deemed suitable...etc?

Excellent work, I quite like the idea of this and would have a bash at it.

Could you confirm my assumption that ‘field shooting’ is a separate condition to target and/also zeroing on land deemed suitable...etc?

It is much the same as zeroing on land suitable.... but different from 'target' which implies HO approved club/range

We are, though, stretching the 'elasticity' of the ''zeroing'' clause - some have ''zeroing and practice'' on land suitable ...... written on the FAC

That is a bit clearer - however where does zeroing (at a wide range of distances) end and 'practice' begin ??

We have much the same issues with heavier calibres used in the Dangerous Game Course we run (and which we will again this year)

I'm content that anyone with ''zeroing on land deemed suitable...etc'' on their FAC is fine to come and - ahem zero their 22.LR - with us

If people have neither - they can always come and use one of my rifles

PS - anyone with the rabbit or vermin shooting condition on their FAC are fine to come along

PPS - I can see I've caused some confusion by using the phrase ''field shooting'' - I'm not aware that any such clause exists - I meant people who are allowed to shoot for vermin in the field - hope that clears that up

Last edited:

Farmer_J

It is much the same as zeroing on land suitable.... but different from 'target' which implies HO approved club/range

We are, though, stretching the 'elasticity' of the ''zeroing'' clause - some have ''zeroing and practice'' on land suitable ...... written on the FAC

That is a bit clearer - however where does zeroing (at a wide range of distances) end and 'practice' begin ??

We have much the same issues with heavier calibres used in the Dangerous Game Course we run (and which we will again this year)

I'm content that anyone with ''zeroing on land deemed suitable...etc'' on their FAC is fine to come and - ahem zero their 22.LR - with us

If people have neither - they can always come and use one of my rifles

PS - anyone with the rabbit or vermin shooting condition on their FAC are fine to come along

PPS - I can see I've caused some confusion by using the phrase ''field shooting'' - I'm not aware that any such clause exists - I meant people who are allowed to shoot for vermin in the field - hope that clears that up

Thanks for that! This may justify a chassis for my CZ now 😉

MDT do a good range of chassis

I went for the mark one version of their ESS, but their newer ACS ones seem even better and fit the cz 455 👍

MDT do a good range of chassis

I went for the mark one version of their ESS, but their newer ACS ones seem even better and fit the cz 455 👍

Further to my last about ordering the ESS MDT chassis - the only version that fits the 452 is the Mk 1 version which is no longer in production

Optics planet in the US have the only remaining Mk 1s - and on sale too

I ordered one and then had my order refused because they were unable to confirm that it didn't infringe export control laws

Very disappointing

Leica Amplus 6