Shooting Test Germany

Heym SR20

I am off to Germany and invited to shoot some boar from highseats or stalked (not driven). We will have a day on the range out there and will be expected to do a shooting test. What does this entail?

I am off to Germany and invited to shoot some boar from highseats or stalked (not driven). We will have a day on the range out there and will be expected to do a shooting test. What does this entail?
Are you referring to the qualifying cinema shoot to gain the visitors Jagdschein?

Never heard of a test being a requirement.
Munich requires
Voraussetzungen für die Erteilung eines Jagdscheines sind: requirements are as follows

• [*=left]jagdrechtliche / waffenrechtliche Zuverlässigkeit sowie persönliche Eignung Non criminal record background
    [*=left]bestandene deutsche (bzw. anerkannte ausländische) Jägerprüfung. having proof of passing a hunting course (cannot apply to UK as we dont have one)
    [*=left]abgeschlossene Jagdhaftpflichversicherung
    (Mindest-Deckungssumme: 500.000 Euro für Personenschäden sowie mindestens 50.000 Euro für Sachschäden) insurance to a level of 500000 Eurosproof of [h=2]Kosten[/h]Tagesjagdschein:
    15,00 Euro (10,00 Euro Gebühr und 5,00 Euro Jagdabgabe) 10 for license plus 5 for office work cost.
    And thats it. easy so no shooting test.

Reference your last bit, nothing to do with this particular post but I picked up on it because I am off to Germany in September and the agent is asking for 100Euros for the local 14 day hunting licence !

Munich requires
Voraussetzungen für die Erteilung eines Jagdscheines sind: requirements are as follows

• [*=left]jagdrechtliche / waffenrechtliche Zuverlässigkeit sowie persönliche Eignung Non criminal record background
    [*=left]bestandene deutsche (bzw. anerkannte ausländische) Jägerprüfung. having proof of passing a hunting course (cannot apply to UK as we dont have one)
    (Mindest-Deckungssumme: 500.000 Euro für Personenschäden sowie mindestens 50.000 Euro für Sachschäden) insurance to a level of 500000 Eurosproof of Kosten

Tagesjagdschein:
    15,00 Euro (10,00 Euro Gebühr und 5,00 Euro Jagdabgabe) 10 for license plus 5 for office work cost.

Would DSC1 & 2 count as passing a hunting course?

Munich requires

(Mindest-Deckungssumme: 500.000 Euro für Personenschäden sowie mindestens 50.000 Euro für Sachschäden) insurance to a level of 500000 Eurosproof of Kosten

Tagesjagdschein:

We have to qualify at the Scheisskino each year, this pass paper /score paper is required at booking in to shoot, in the Pfalzerwald area we visit. Also we are required to pay for the Jagdschein each year.

Yes always have to pay for the visitors jagdschein the 15 euros is what the officials charge I assume the on top fee is for the hunt organisers time & trouble??
When my pals came with me over to the UK to pigeon shoot with their own guns in 2007 the UK guide ripped them and me off for visitors certificates so thats when I got my UK FAC/SGC paperwork re-organised as I had let it lapse as I have a house in the UK too.
I would think DSC1-2 will suffice but needs to be clarified can BASC help or maybe FACE in Brussels ask to speak to Karen ?

Thanks chaps, i have sent across copies of my DSC 1 and 2. Quite looking forward to having a go on a cinema range!

Would DSC1 & 2 count as passing a hunting course?

No, sorry DSC1 or 2 will not count in the sense of passing a hunting course. The German government has to recognise / validate the diploma's of the country where you passed youre hunting course. UK and Germany do not have an agreement about that (they have for instance with the Netherlands or Denmark). That is why you British hunters only get a day or 14 day german hunting license. Cost between 15 (day) and up to 165 euros (two weeks), depends on the state / region. To show you are not a total beginner with hunting and shooting German authorities will ask for some kind of proof of experience, therefore you will have to send the DSC1 and 2.
If you have a recognised diploma (like my Dutch one) they will issue a year or three year hunting license.
For driven hunts they will ask for proof that you passed a shooting test according to German standards.

It's a couple minutes months ago now, but shooting test pretty straightforward. Had to shoot a group at 100 metres from a rested position. I think it has to be inside 4", but I was well inside that. Then shooting at full sized pig target at 50. Five shots at a stationary target from either seated or standing followed by five at a running target. The target has scoring rings and you need to get a certain score. One of my running shots was on the edge of scoring ring but the rest of mine gave me a good enough score to pass. The scoring rings are the chest area of a boar.

Last edited:
Yes always have to pay for the visitors jagdschein the 15 euros is what the officials charge I assume the on top fee is for the hunt organisers time & trouble??
When my pals came with me over to the UK to pigeon shoot with their own guns in 2007 the UK guide ripped them and me off for visitors certificates so thats when I got my UK FAC/SGC paperwork re-organised as I had let it lapse as I have a house in the UK too.
I would think DSC1-2 will suffice but needs to be clarified can BASC help or maybe FACE in Brussels ask to speak to Karen ?

In what way ripped off? At the present time a visitors permit is £20 plus posting to police recorded delivery, plus returning to you International signed for £35 would be a fair charge per permit,sometimes through lack of time I have had to send them through DHL or similar then it costs around £40 per permit just to send but you are guaranteed signed for delivery within 24 hours.

It's a couple minutes months ago now, but shooting test pretty straightforward. Had to shoot a group at 100 metres from a rested position. I think it has to be inside 4", but I was well inside that. Then shooting at full sized pig target at 50. Five shots at a stationary target from either seated or standing followed by five at a running target. The target has scoring rings and you need to get a certain score. One of my running shots was on the edge of scoring ring but the rest of mine gave me a good enough score to pass. The scoring rings are the chest area of a boar.

Sounds like the shooting test I needed in order to pass my hunting course, when I lived in Germany. For most, in SD, "a walk in the park", too easy.

Reading through these posts it would seem 100 Euros for a 14 day visitors Jagd schein I was asked to pay in Germany recently was is a bit over the top then.
The Jagd Schein cost, as written inside it, was 30 Euros and the extra was an admin charge from each of us !!

But were you charged a shot fee? :stir:

In all the years I lived and hunted, in Germany, I never heard of a "shot fee". There was the price of the hunt, the trophy, and the meat (if desired). The client was entitled to the "Jagdt Recht" (what was desired from the innards of the harvested animal), at no extra cost.

Back