sky are a shower of b*****ds

Devil_Bri

I agreed a new contract with sky in december 2014 for everything ( tv, broadband and phone )
I got my bill today which was a lot more than what i agreed. So i phoned sky and was told that some of my offers were ending in march and the bill would be higher again !
I told them the date and time i agreed the contract as i had it all written down and the price i was given for the next 12 months.
I was told that there was nothing they could do, i asked for a manager, was told none about and that they would tell me the same thing anyway !I told them i would cancel my direct debit, I was warned not to as I was in contract.
I asked them to listen to the phone call to which i was told that it may not be recorded. I demanded that some one check and ring me back
Any one on here know my rights etc ?.

It should all be on paper. Sky normally send out conformation of the order to you. If its bern done over the phone, then it sounds like you could of been on the recieving end of an adiviser looking to boost their bonus by lying to you. Ask CAB and Trading Standards

Good luck
Nutty

If you have not signed a paper contract then it's not legal and binding contract,

Imhad a problem last year where they said I could not cancel my contract so I asked for proof that I had signed a paper copy.... Nothing,

So,I ended my contract and left,

Bob,

wrong, a verbal agreement is also a contract.

if you agreed to one price thats the contract, if they change it they are breaking it not you,

No it isn't a list a lot of money on a fentkemens agreement
nowadays they a have a unenforceable contract when you get a orice by law you
have be given a cooling of period

As far as I am aware all calls are recorded,if it's your first bill it maybe higher due to month in advance billing.
If your not happy by all means raise a complaint against the price you were quoted and also against the adviser,when they enter your account they leave their company ID on the system so not difficult to trace the agent.

As far as I am aware all calls are recorded,if it's your first bill it maybe higher due to month in advance billing.
If your not happy by all means raise a complaint against the price you were quoted and also against the adviser,when they enter your account they leave their company ID on the system so not difficult to trace the agent.

Thanks,
Its my second bill. I know exactly who I was talking to as I have it all written down, date, times agents name, exactly what I agreed etc.
When i agreed the contract in december, i deliberately got the agent to repeat the deal several times - slowly, so that if this sort of thing happened I would be covered as I have heard of this type of tactic being used by sky before !
I bet they come back and tell me the call wasnt recorded !

First, if you get no joy complain to Offcom they are the regulator and have the teeth.
Second, you are right they are B******s. When you call up to increase your viewing package it takes ten seconds and one person, however when you want to reduce it you speak to one bloke for fifteen minutes who then tells you he can't deal with it and transfers you round and round.

Oh crikey. I have got to chose another internet service provider because Virgin are kicking me off. They are concentrating on their cable customers and are booting all their phone line broadband customers over to Talk Talk. They, I believe don't have a good reputation, so I was thinking of Sky. Don't know now. Any suggestions?

Free view & free sat ,, got rid of sky tv more than 10 yes ago best move ever
I can view , pause , rewind , record etc etc same as others but don't pay anything other than tv license
If you want bit more but have decent broadband try NOW tv
No contract , pay as you go

Our internet speed gets slower and slower, ring them up and go frew it on the phone, the is always a mention of the line problem, open reach has been and checked it and the extension cable to see if any speed is lost through that, its all fine, the adviser gets you to do all these checks and switch modem on and off while they slowly turn up the Internet speed, by the end of the phone call we are on max speed, how strange is that, they slow yours down when they get a new customers to make there internet speed max, sooner or later it they get the same treatment.we ring sky 2 or 3 times a year with the same issue grrrrrr

Dear all
Sky may not be the worst

Never ever use Talk Talk you will loose the will to live, they cut me off even though the bill was paid by direct debit, I had to pay to be reconected to look at the bill. When I rang to complain a nice Indian gentleman who could not speak english transfered me to another who would not speak to me because my name was not "The Chief Accountant" who they had incorrectly sent the bill too. 11/2 hours later no further forward.
They can still not supply the invoice's to surport the bills, or refund over charges!!
They charged for services not supplied
So remember never ever ever use Talk Talk

Dodge

Dear all
Sky may not be the worst

Never ever use Talk Talk you will loose the will to live, they cut me off even though the bill was paid by direct debit, I had to pay to be reconected to look at the bill. When I rang to complain a nice Indian gentleman who could not speak english transfered me to another who would not speak to me because my name was not "The Chief Accountant" who they had incorrectly sent the bill too. 11/2 hours later no further forward.
They can still not supply the invoice's to surport the bills, or refund over charges!!
They charged for services not supplied
So remember never ever ever use Talk Talk

Dodge
+1 Never use Talk Talk. We were lied to/duped, call it what you will. Sales rep "doing her bit in the area" called round our house a few years back (we happened to be looking at new internet providers) , we sat down and talked through this unbelievable deal which included broadband and phone - I confirmed the details of the offer two or three times with her as we were with AOL at the time who I hated and keen to leave them. I signed the forms. Switchover was no problem, but after a few days I still had no modem so I gave them a call. I was advised that broadband in our area would not be arriving for another month with this package. Short story, broadband never arrived and I spent the next few months on and off the phone trying to get my contract cancelled. Eventually settled back with BT, not the best to contact, but haven't really got a lot of complaints so far. Used SKY many years ago, will never go back, they were a bunch of lying tw*ts back then and I doubt they will be any different now.

I have used SKY for some years now, very few problems compared to other providers I have used, line speed is as good as I can expect on ADSL and cost is competitive for unlimited usage.

I am with Virgin.
I took them up on their half price offer for six months on their full package.
Then at the six month point I reduced my package to half but the price didn't reduce by half so I contacted them about it.
I told them I wasn't happy and had every intention of cancelling my contract at the earliest opportunity, guess what they 'twiddled' my package and now I am paying what I intended to in the first place and have good broadband, certain amount of free calls on both land and mobile 'phone with adequate programmes to satisfy me.

Wdyjsottsadslbi

now those who can decipher the above will be showing their age.......

Oh dear :(

Why don't you just switch off the television set and go out do something less boring instead!

:old:

Now "why don't I just switch off" my laptop and get my gear ready for my morning stalk, lol, before I forget I am going out...

Back