Talking Stalking, Eagles Hotel, Llanrwst. 10th. October 2017.

Kalahari

I have just heard from Derek Williams, BASC Wales that this is the new date for the latest talking stalking evening in North Wales. Sorry for any confusion caused.

David.

Kalahari

Bump. This is the advert on the BASC site now.

Join us at the Eagles Hotel for our Talking Stalking Evening
6:30pm for 7:00pm start.
Speakers as follows;
Dr. Susan Richardson on two years of research for the Deer Initiative.
Mr Owen Barton on his Masters research on the movement of Roe Deer in Wales and PhD research on the movement of Fallow Deer in Wales.
Mr Huw Jones of Ffynongin Gundogs The principles and objectives of tracking with Dogs.
Mr John Thornley on Stalking Fallow.
For further details call Derek Williams on 07775505465

VSS

Disappointing turn-out. Where was everyone?
The DI and BASC are hardly likely to go on organising these free-to-attend events in North Wales if people don't support them!

Kalahari

Yes it was sad so few people turned up. Derek Williams at BASC and Steve Griffiths of the Deer Iniative had obviously gone to some trouble to arrange set of worthwhile talks on a range of subjects. Might be difficult to justify another one.

David.

gelert

Especially if they publish the wrong dates in the magazine.
Needs to be advertised more clearly something went wrong if only 7 turned up.

gelert

I'm not sure how many people check the BASC website tbh. I'm disappointed in the outcome and hope these type of event's are not written off completely.

VSS

Especially if they publish the wrong dates in the magazine.
Needs to be advertised more clearly something went wrong if only 7 turned up.
The date had to be changed after the magazine had gone to print, so not much they could do about that, unfortunately.
Agreed that it needs to be better advertised. A few circular emails to interested parties during the run up to the event would make a difference I think.

sion

Sorry to resurrect this but I was wondering if there was another talk after this one? Or if there are plans for one this year?
I wasn’t in a position to attend the 2017 talk but would be very keen to meet up with some local stalkers and the subjects discussed sound interesting.

Diolch,
Siôn.

VSS

Sorry to resurrect this but I was wondering if there was another talk after this one? Or if there are plans for one this year?
I wasn’t in a position to attend the 2017 talk but would be very keen to meet up with some local stalkers and the subjects discussed sound interesting.

Diolch,
Siôn.
Would be good to have another. That'll be two of us from pen llyn then! Almost worth sharing a taxi so we can both have a few beers.

sion

Thanks for the replies.
VSS I’m not down pen llyn anymore, I had to move from the farm where we living and I’m now living near Portmeirion. Completely forgot to update my profile If you could get to Porthmadog I would be happy to drive the rest of the way up, if we can badger derek into organising another.
Kalahari, I will give him a bell. I take it the poor turn out in ‘17 stopped the regular talks?
Diolch.