Talking stalking, North Wales

VSS

Thought it better to start a new thread on this, as the old one related to an event that's been and gone.
A few people have requested another such event, so, having discussed it at some length with Derek Williams, here's where we're at:
There is nothing in the budget for it. Therefore we're dependant on speakers' generosity with regard to their fees, expenses claims etc. Likewise, the venue needs to be affordable. It will not necessarily be in Llanrwst next time. Porthmadog has been mooted.
The last event attracted a disappointing turnout, admittedly due to a problem over the date. Disappointing none the less. How much commitment is there for another event? Let me know via this thread, please.
Does anyone have any suggestions for speakers? I am a relative newcomer to the stalking world, so have very few contacts. Please put forward your ideas here, but remember what I said about costs.
Personally, I think it would be interesting to have a presentation about hunting abroad, maybe from an outfitter?
Also, any fundraising ideas. Usually there's a raffle, but the quality and number of prizes has declined over the last few years, as has peoples' enthusiasm. Maybe the evening could be funded by a small auction of sporting promises, or something like that? Again, these are just random ideas. Please put forward your own suggestions here.
Without input from interested parties it won't happen, so if we want it it's up to us all to show that we're genuinely interested and supportive.

tozzybum

Most kind offer Tim, if anything ties up with my crazy shift pattern im sure Deb will sign a "leave" pass for the weekend .I,tl cost in the long run but it will be worth it :tiphat:

VSS

Most kind offer Tim, if anything ties up with my crazy shift pattern im sure Deb will sign a "leave" pass for the weekend .I,tl cost in the long run but it will be worth it :tiphat:
Maybe me & Mouse will have finished getting our range set up out front of house by then, so we can fill in spare time by making big bangs, without having to wander too far from the teapot and biscuit tin.
Going to put in a highseat for practicing from too.

tozzybum

Sounds like a plan ,we like biscuit tins but tend to find little hands emptying it before grandad me get,s a look in bless em .I could bring some targets and my book of excuses for missing ,its a fair size book though :rofl:

sion

Good idea starting this new thread.
I am completely new to stalking so I’m not really sure what to suggest on the entertainment side of the event.
You mention a raffle to help cover costs, would people pay a small entry fee also/instead?
What was the attendance like in previous events? The last one was obviously poor but what about the years before that?
It’s been a couple of years now hasn’t it so maybe there would be more interest and hopefully new subjects for speakers?

Diolch.

VSS

The Malmo model works very well, I know it's large scale, but on a more local level? Valley arms / Alan Rhone ? North wales estates etc.
Someone from Alan Rhone did a presentation at the first one I attended, a few years back. Might be worth asking them again. Valley arms are a dead loss as far as I'm concerned, but other people might feel differently. On the deer side of things, Patrick Faulkner is always worth listening to, but he's done several of these events now, and we do need a bit of variety. Chris Rogers (Euston estate stalker) also did a very good talk for us a few years ago.
Any ideas for something / someone different?

Kalahari

I'm really interested, but sadly have very little of real interest to add to a meeting. So I would be interested in attending.

David.

Rory

What about getting in touch with the Deer Initiative? They could probably do a pretty good presentation on the issues and trends, myths and misconceptions and could possibly be talked into bringing some 'best practice guides' as prizes or handouts.

VSS

What about getting in touch with the Deer Initiative? They could probably do a pretty good presentation on the issues and trends, myths and misconceptions and could possibly be talked into bringing some 'best practice guides' as prizes or handouts.
The evenings are generally run by local basc officer in conjunction with the DI, so they're already on board.
If you want a talk on recovery tracking or shot site identification, we would be happy to this for you,regards wayne
That would be good. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to pm me your contact details so I can pass them on to the organiser.

mereside

The evenings are generally run by local basc officer in conjunction with the DI, so they're already on board.

That would be good. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to pm me your contact details so I can pass them on to the organiser.

PM sent. Regards wayne

Lewis T3

I was at the last one and some interesting talks. I know Rhug is a good place for events Thomas Jacks held a thermal night and it had a good turn out. Also I’m a RFD just outside Ruthin i can offer todo some free brass annealing at the event with the latest AMP machine if your interested and possibly raffle a free load development.

VSS

I was at the last one and some interesting talks. I know Rhug is a good place for events Thomas Jacks held a thermal night and it had a good turn out. Also I’m a RFD just outside Ruthin i can offer todo some free brass annealing at the event with the latest AMP machine if your interested and possibly raffle a free load development.
Thanks. If you could pm me details of what you could do by way of talk / demonstration etc, and your contact details, that would be great.

VSS

Please keep this thread alive, guys. Without your input, and your commitment to attend, the event won't happen.