The frequency of 'bumping' Ads?

Sinistral

Well, now I’m curious enough to bust out into print.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/threads/tikka-m695-30-06-stainless-synthetic.172278/

This Ad must have been bumped half a dozen times in the last couple of days. Prior to my post the reply count was showing as 3 when to my reckoning it should be at least 10.

Is there a fault in the system, or a cunning way to frig the number of posts to perpetually highlight an Ad under current Classifieds?
It seems that whatever the answer is other sellers are at a disadvantage.

Just wondering…. it’s no concern of mine as I rarely sell or buy.:cool:

patjack

No not really that clever just seemed more applicable not to have bump after bump like some for sale threads have on them, nothing cunning and no one is at a disadvantage as any addition to a post brings it to the front page. Admin please contact me if there is a problem.

Last edited:

CarlW

No not really that clever just seemed more applicable not to have bump after bump like some for sale threads have on them, nothing cunning and no one is at a disadvantage as any addition to a post brings it to the front page. Admin please contact me if there is a problem.
I didn't mean clever in a Bond-villain way. Just a smart way of doing it and not making a mess of your thread.

Rusty Gate

Do it with my own, keeps it clean & less data for your page to load.
My PET HATE is people that can find a free site, follow all guidelines to become eligeable to sel. Place add, take payment/post item & just too idle to edit to SOLD but more than happy to sell more! That's the only Nark with the site, scrolling through adds, finding something then wading through bump, PM'd, PM'd replied to, sfs, bump & last post Sold!
Just edit first post, save us all time & data.