Vacuum packer

Night Vision Store

biffo

What’s best recommended vacuum packer machine ? Just want it for occasionally bagging up venison fir the freezer and avoiding freezer burn.
anything to consider re bags , sealing, capacity etc ??
ta !

slider

Had a few ebay/Aldi cheapies and they never last. Bough a Lakeland Foodsaver and its been great for the last 2 years.

Used rolls to start with but its a phaff making pouches from them and about 1 in 5 dont get a great seal so now using ready made bags. 20x30 cm bags hold everything I need

biffo

Ta Dan, that’s a fair few bob at £200 quid or so. Bit more than my budget !
Is there anything say £50 to £100 that’s worth looking at ??

Nelsans

I have had the cheap one for 2 years but I don’t know how it would stand up to large numbers of animals a year

geoffw

I had a cheap one, the sealing was poor, lots of wasted effort in reworking.
I then bought a demonstrator/returned "Buffalo Portable Vacuum Pack Machine 300mm - [CN514] 5050984453236 | eBay" Buffalo per @jb1 's, cost me £150 and whilst it's not cheap, I really rate it for the speed, quality and for the quantity I freeze (35~ fallow a year), if you can find one on one of the catering resale sites you'd be laughing.

Amazon: £198.
I would at that price too, BUT I have not tried the Aldi/Lidl versions.

Dan Gliballs

Anyone else any thoughts ??
You get what you pay for.

I found some of the cheaper ones didn't seal enough to create a seal for the vacuum or the heat seal was poor. The better units have an auto setting or/and a "pulse" setting, handy if you are packing the likes of meatballs that you don't want squashed in to burgers. Many of them also have a "seal only" function if you want to double the heat seal.

biffo

I generally take my deer to commercial butcher who does the whole job for me at a price! Occasionally I will butcher 3 or 4 a year myself, wouldn’t be more than that , so I’m thinking a couple of hundred quid is probably overkill....but then again, if the cheap ones don’t work it’s just a waste of time and cash.

geoffw

I generally take my deer to commercial butcher who does the whole job for me at a price! Occasionally I will butcher 3 or 4 a year myself, wouldn’t be more than that , so I’m thinking a couple of hundred quid is probably overkill....but then again, if the cheap ones don’t work it’s just a waste of time and cash.
I'm curious, what do they charge for breaking down to steaks, seamed joints, incl vacuum packing please? I'm paying £35/head but it's bulk packed and I then pack it.

biffo

I'm curious, what do they charge for breaking down to steaks, seamed joints, incl vacuum packing please? I'm paying £35/head but it's bulk packed and I then pack it.
One guy does sausages and burgers as well as steaks, diced, shanks, loin, and roasting joints etc, and cost varies according to weight of sausages/burgers . I think I paid about £40 ish last time with 20lb of sausages included. Another charges £40 to £50 depending on weight. It’s a few Bob to pay, but saves a lot of time and the final product and presentation is superb ...and so much better than I could do !

willie_gunn

I use the Buffalo vacuum sealers as well, having in the past used a couple of the original FoodSaver vacuum sealers.

Those still work, but the Buffalo is a much more robust piece of kit.

norma 308

Looks like a buffalo for me as I’ve been looking , I’ve a decent mincer so time to switch from ikea bags to vac pack !
ive a few outlets for venison in the fur but I’m always disappointed when I get my own out the freezer and it’s burnt, time to take it up a notch

RM100

Weird, i have just this minute ordered a Buffalo 300mm off Nesbits.
Which Buffalo model? And how is it? I’m torn between CN514 and CC770. Both expensive, but I think I have to bite the bullet.

I looked at Foodsaver, found some iffy reviews. Costs similar to the Buffalo.

My vacuum sealer just breathed it’s last, packing up a Fallow doe today. Really need something good.

CDSG Shooting Sports