What are push notifications?

Sonicdmb73

Electronic nagging :stir:

It’s where you get a message to tell you someone has quoted your post or added to one you’re following.

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
It lets the site push PM’s/Notifications etc to browsers that support it without you having to hit F5 to refresh.

slider

It lets the site push PM’s/Notifications etc to browsers that support it without you having to hit F5 to refresh.
Sorry but techie stuff gives me a nosebleed! - does this mean that my phone will "ping" whenever I get quoted or there is a post in a watched thread??

Sonicdmb73

Sorry but techie stuff gives me a nosebleed! - does this mean that my phone will "ping" whenever I get quoted or there is a post in a watched thread??
Yep and you get a banner or whatever your phone happens to be set to do.

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Potentially... its up to the user/phone how you set it up. For example, in Windows 10 it is silent by default, you just get a message pop up on the main message feed right hand side.

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
That's OK, it is up to you. ;)

If you fancy trying it the button to Enable/Disable (if it's supported) is under your account, Preferences:

Windows 10/Chrome: