When Buffalo hunt does not go to plan...

shakey jake

maybe i wasnt mad thinking it was an option then! semi auto would be an option too. if the slug hit the skull would it stun or kill assuming you hit between the eyes?
shakey

scrumbag

maybe i wasnt mad thinking it was an option then! semi auto would be an option too. if the slug hit the skull would it stun or kill assuming you hit between the eyes?
shakey
shakey
Yes... lot of big "ifs".... I don't think even Brenneke seriously consider it an option as they put a picture of a wild boar on the box...

Kalahari

shakey
The skull of a buffalo is protected by the boss of the horns. I suspect that a lead slug on the horn boss would merely increase the "grumpiness" factor.

David.

scrumbag

shakey
Also, semi-autos aren't an option for legal reasons in a lot of African Countries...

shakey jake

i have to admit i have no idea about the laws or whats a good idea, im just asking what sounds like fairly dumb questions that pop in to my head. thanks for humouring me guys
shakey

bowji john

Just my thoughts ....

The brain of a buffalo is set way back and low in a head surrounded by shock absorbing cartilage and bone designed to absorb 2 tons of impact

I know nothing of brenneck and solid slugs but if you miss the brain even by an inch with a solid from a .375 doesn't always result in lights out - a 450 etc allows a bit more leeway

A slug would have to penetrate a foot of bone, not deviate and not disintegrate

Perhaps a slug can do that but I've never shot one so don't know

A 'shot between the eyes' might well result in a miss depending upon relative position of shooter and aspect of the head of buff

You have to look 'into' the animal not aim at features on the outer surface to locate the brain