Woodland Roe Buck...

My local ground has a very good number of Muntjac also Fallow turn up in August for the winter beans but no Roe.
However my friends woodland has a number of them also Muntjac and quite a few Fallow, we have been trimming up the Muntjac also a couple of Fallow. All 3 species were in the wood this afternoon which is not uncommon, my thermal pinged some fallow who were on the boarder of a rape field so know doubt had been giving it some attention!

5 mins on 3 roe showed up with 4 more on our right, my friend was picking through the tight cover with his bins with a whispering commentary on what was out there, next a MJ buck let rip and off they went! There might be one for the chiller he said also that ****ing MJ buck!
2 more muntjac then a dog walker calling his mutt to come back would have cleared that area, so we cut across heading back working the wind.

Around 10mins of walking left flashes of white hot were out to my right, so on the sticks picking through the trees where the thermal said the Z6 had a number of roe does all broad side knowing they were safe but the buck was playing hide behind the trees....
As it is my friends ground I wait for the nod...You got a shot Tim? if I move a bit right yes...OK he is looking this way so see if you can.

A clear path through to his neck around 80 yards was on....the does left their male friend where he lay and bounded off into the late afternoon sunshine. 32lb dressed.
20210413_180540[1].jpg
20210413_180526[1].jpg
20210413_180703[1].jpg

Tim.243

My local ground has a very good number of Muntjac also Fallow turn up in August for the winter beans but no Roe.
However my friends woodland has a number of them also Muntjac and quite a few Fallow, we have been trimming up the Muntjac also a couple of Fallow. All 3 species were in the wood this afternoon which is not uncommon, my thermal pinged some fallow who were on the boarder of a rape field so know doubt had been giving it some attention!

5 mins on 3 roe showed up with 4 more on our right, my friend was picking through the tight cover with his bins with a whispering commentary on what was out there, next a MJ buck let rip and off they went! There might be one for the chiller he said also that ****ing MJ buck!
2 more muntjac then a dog walker calling his mutt to come back would have cleared that area, so we cut across heading back working the wind.

Around 10mins of walking left flashes of white hot were out to my right, so on the sticks picking through the trees where the thermal said the Z6 had a number of roe does all broad side knowing they were safe but the buck was playing hide behind the trees....
As it is my friends ground I wait for the nod...You got a shot Tim? if I move a bit right yes...OK he is looking this way so see if you can.

A clear path through to his neck around 80 yards was on....the does left their male friend where he lay and bounded off into the late afternoon sunshine. 32lb dressed.
View attachment 202103
View attachment 202104
View attachment 202105

Tim.243
Great stuff mate

Back