Zeiss Victory V8

Shootgun

I have one rail mounted and I don’t find it “less flexible “ at all.
Rail mounted scopes are far superior than the ring mounted ones for a lot of reasons.
Also I love the thicker Zeiss reticle...

Dexter

I have just finished my review on the Zeiss Victory V8 2.8-20x56 rifle scope have a look at the review Zeiss Victory V8 2.8-20×56 #60
Just noticed a typo on your review, Tulloch,

'The Zeiss Victory V8 in my opinion when put against the aforementioned products is fantastic, I still maintain that the Zeiss Victory HT rifle scope was by fat the best lowlight scope on the market at the moment however, the Zeiss Victory V8 is more than capable to keep up with it at those late hours.'

I'm sure that it's easy enough to get amended.

Tulloch

I have one rail mounted and I don’t find it “less flexible “ at all.
Rail mounted scopes are far superior than the ring mounted ones for a lot of reasons.
Also I love the thicker Zeiss reticle...
When I said less flexible , with the railed version you cannot just take it off and put it on another rifle ,

Tulloch

Just noticed a typo on your review, Tulloch,

'The Zeiss Victory V8 in my opinion when put against the aforementioned products is fantastic, I still maintain that the Zeiss Victory HT rifle scope was by fat the best lowlight scope on the market at the moment however, the Zeiss Victory V8 is more than capable to keep up with it at those late hours.'

I'm sure that it's easy enough to get amended.
amended lol

If the difference between 90 and 92% is 15-20 minutes of low light, how can the V8 at 92% keep up with the HT at 95%?

Kjm041

If the difference between 90 and 92% is 15-20 minutes of low light, how can the V8 at 92% keep up with the HT at 95%?
yes i was a bit dubious on that too. I am sure i've read that our eye can't really determine the difference of 90%+ light transmission. I would be highly surprised that any top end scope would a couple more % light transmission would buy you 15-20 mins vs another good optic with slightly less. I would think the reality is that a top end optic like the V8 might buy you some mins (10 maybe...) over a mid range optic with mid 80s light transmission.