Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone use a 6.5x57r

anyone use a 6.5x57r

Hi All
    I've just purchased a Blaser K95 in 6.5x57r just wondering if any one has any experience of the cal and if anyone knows where I can get some dies from ????

Thanks

Wayne

There is the problem! The internal diameter is almost identical to the 55 but brass or rounds are hard to get hold of!

HI wayne the 6.5x57r is a rimmed version of the 6.5x57. it is used in doulble barreled rifles and combination guns. so maximum loads are slighty lower than ones used with its rimless counterpart. atb derek

wayne from a ballistic viewpoint the 6.5x57r will provide a slight margin over the 6.5x55 while generally their ballistic performance is equal

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    There is the problem! The internal diameter is almost identical to the 55 but brass or rounds are hard to get hold of!
    It comes with 400 rounds of factory ammo so brass shouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure where to get some dies from???

Quote Originally Posted by derek treherne View Post
    wayne from a ballistic viewpoint the 6.5x57r will provide a slight margin over the 6.5x55 while generally their ballistic performance is equal
    Hi Ern
    I missed your call I was in the shower, thanks for your help.
    It seems accurate enough, a friend test fired it to save me travelling to try it and shot a 1/2 group off the bench, the factory ammo it comes with is 129grn rws so should be fine for every thing I want to shoot with it but I'll ahve to have a play with my beloved 100 grn b/tips if I can find some dies I'll have a ring around when I finally get my hands on it which might be a while I have to wait for West mercia to do the variation

should get your hands on it in about nine months then i want a 30-06 but not sure if i van be bothered with the hassle dealing with them!! had m level 1 nearly a year and still havent told them to take my mentoring condition off
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE DAVIES View Post
    Hi Ern
    I missed your call I was in the shower, thanks for your help.
    It seems accurate enough, a friend test fired it to save me travelling to try it and shot a 1/2 group off the bench, the factory ammo it comes with is 129grn rws so should be fine for every thing I want to shoot with it but I'll ahve to have a play with my beloved 100 grn b/tips if I can find some dies I'll have a ring around when I finally get my hands on it which might be a while I have to wait for West mercia to do the variation
    Hi Wayne, You bought it then! I think you will find that 6.5x57 dies will be the same as the 6.5x57r so that should make it easier to find a set (obviously different shell holder)

Ezzy

Didn't mean to do that with a quote. Doh...

Ezzy

HI jez. i here it can be up to 12 months atb derek