.22 pistol

Andy7mm

are hand guns not still legal on the isle of man??? dont know if the isle of wight is the same?

Andy7mm

Druid

They are not banned they are just section 5
To all mere mortals they are banned, especially if as the op stated his certificate states .22 rimfire on his FAC. No mention of section 5 and I imagine that section 5 certificate holders would not need to ask the question.
isle of wight is not the same as the Isle of Man, though you are correct, pistols not banned in iom, or SLRs, lucky bugg3rs

cervus

Hampshire may grant a .22 pistol for humane dispatch....the general view of the Home Office is to discourage non professional applicants from acquiring pistols.....some constabularies will not allow them.

alwhitt94

I see, I'm new to this so wasn't sure I just remember they had some at a shooting show and I thought someone said you could get them on your FAC but wasn't sure so thought I would ask the font of knowledge :D

bewsher500

I was issued a .22 pistol for non-professional (whatever that is!) humane dispatch
dont see the problem
get your facts straight present an irrefutable case

deeangeo

Should it not say on the certificate that it's: .22RF 'bolt action rifle', semi auto rifle or 'pistol/revolver'
It certainly states on my cert '.22RF bolt action rifle'
Or is it completely different in IOW/IOM?

geordieh

Hampshire may grant a .22 pistol for humane dispatch....the general view of the Home Office is to discourage non professional applicants from acquiring pistols.....some constabularies will not allow them.[/QUOTE
It is not up to any constabulary whether they allow them it is up to what the law says.Which forces will not allow them.

cervus

Hampshire may grant a .22 pistol for humane dispatch....the general view of the Home Office is to discourage non professional applicants from acquiring pistols.....some constabularies will not allow them.[/QUOTE
It is not up to any constabulary whether they allow them it is up to what the law says.Which forces will not allow them.
The authority is granted by the Home Office,the issue of the certificate is the Constabulary,s job.

banus

some people have .38 revolvers,restricted to 2 shot for humain despatch

Last edited:

geordieh

Well I applied for mine jumped through no extra hoops it was just like applying for a rifle.9mm with restricted 2 shot magazine I have not been asked to do call outs it is for my use only and I am just a hobby stalker

ChesterP

Oh no they don't.
Correct. The police have no powers or statutory rights to insist that anyone is available for RTC humane dispatch as a condition of licencing. You'd need to be nuts to even consider being available for call out considering the risks these days. What the police might "want" is a different matter...