.22 Semi Auto - S&W, Tippmann, Sig?

Surprised no one has mentioned the Lantac LA-SF15 .22lr.
The only drawback is they are pricey but not much more than the Kriss Defiance. They are good, and that's from owning one, flawless and probably the most accurate AR model out there, even with a 12.5"barrel. Shot the others and if I'm honest they're good fun and value for money, just depends how accurate, how AR and how much you want to spend?

I'm not one to cause offense intentionally and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder but that has to be one of the ugliest rifles I've ever seen. Its almost like it can't decide what it wants to be. Again, my opinion only, no offense to anyone that owns and loves them.
I am not at all offended. What matters to me is that they work, and are very light and short, and easy to bring to the shoulder and shoot without sticks. Mine has a custom barrel with fully integrated moderator so a bit of a one-off as well. My rifles are TOOLS and and it is a good tool. Saying that, if you only want a .22Lr for hunting vermin, I would recommend to go for a b/a model, as the Blow-Back mechanism on this s/a is more noisy than the firing of the (subsonic) bullet.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Lantac LA-SF15 .22lr.
The only drawback is they are pricey but not much more than the Kriss Defiance. They are good, and that's from owning one, flawless and probably the most accurate AR model out there, even with a 12.5"barrel. Shot the others and if I'm honest they're good fun and value for money, just depends how accurate, how AR and how much you want to spend?
I really like the look of these but what's the deal with the bentz chamber. Not familiar with this chamber, apparently its the semi auto version of a bolt action match grade chamber? Quite a few people saying they are ammo fussy? Can anyone confirm?

A friend had a Lantac and also claimed it was ammo fussy, so I went with the Kriss Defiance DMK in desert tan (tacti-cool 😎), this seems to accept any crappy .22 ammo. Its remarkably accurate, got a working forward assist and last round bolt hold, which many of the cheaper .22 autos dont have. Just noticed that they have gone up in price quite a bit since I bought mine in 2019.

A friend had a Lantac and also claimed it was ammo fussy, so I went with the Kriss Defiance DMK in desert tan (tacti-cool 😎), this seems to accept any crappy .22 ammo. Its remarkably accurate, got a working forward assist and last round bolt hold, which many of the cheaper .22 autos dont have. Just noticed that they have gone up in price quite a bit since I bought mine in 2019.
I'm comfortable spending a little extra on the rifle as long as its happy to eat on a budget.

We often use red dot mounted S&W M&P15-22s for our Kids Day at the range. They are very popular with the younger set and through snow, rain, heat and blowing dust, I don't ever recall one even misfeeding. There was one used in our event yesterday and, though I was teaching handgun on the other end of the range, I can be 99.9% certain that the S&W performed flawlessly. (and Lord knows when it was cleaned last) ~Muir

I had a Tippman AR for awhile and it shot very well with Norma Tac . But somebody wanted it more than I wanted to keep it . I’ve had four 10/22’s over the last few years two or three I built and one from the early 70’s all original . Now I’m down to a single 10/22 with a Hogue stock and a Whistle Pig threaded barrel with a suppressor. Little gun shoots very well with NormaTac at 50 yards suppressed which is all I was looking for . It goes very nicely with my CZ455 HB which also shoots NormaTac super well .

I really like the look of these but what's the deal with the bentz chamber. Not familiar with this chamber, apparently its the semi auto version of a bolt action match grade chamber? Quite a few people saying they are ammo fussy? Can anyone confirm?
I have the Lantac improved CMMG and only shoot subs through it. Works perfectly with CCI and Winchester (possibly RWS as well), won’t cycle Eley and some other brand which I forget of which I got a heap of given period.

It is very accurate for a .22 semi, better than a fettled 10/22 I had years ago and I’d say more accurate than my CZ bolt action. I can put a mag into a a group about the size of a 10p at 50m. Unless specified the triggers are what you’d expect but are easily changed.

The only ammo you cannot use in it is the CCI Stinger because of the BENTZ chamber and the Stinger cases being too long for it.

The CCI Subs and Standard are super accurate and will give groups sub 1/4" at 25m and not much more at 50m!
The CCI AR Comp will shoot 2" groups at 100m and so will the Velocitor. Perfect conditions and not windy like today!

The Defiance is very good and it was a toss up between it and the Lantac which also has a working forward assist. The finish on the Lantac is better and is full AR.

Bentz chamber is just a far tighter tolerance match chamber with a shorter case length measurement hence you can't use CCI Stinger. It does without question make it more accurate.

One thing to be aware of is that the Lantacs are apparently assembled in the UK to order, so not 'made in the US' as stamped on the reciever (well I guess the individual parts are). And its a 4 month lead time..... which is strange as it doesnt take more than a few hours tro assemble an AR from component parts. I guess the delay is that the UK dealer doesnt keep sufficient parts in stock so orders them in from the US.

One thing to be aware of is that the Lantacs are apparently assembled in the UK to order, so not 'made in the US' as stamped on the reciever (well I guess the individual parts are). And its a 4 month lead time..... which is strange as it doesnt take more than a few hours tro assemble an AR from component parts. I guess the delay is that the UK dealer doesnt keep sufficient parts in stock so orders them in from the US.
The reality is about a year if you order a Lantac as I found out, suppose it depends how much of a rush your in to get one.

Hi,
What did you buy?
I have an Aero Precision AR 15 and love it. I ordered everything through Brownells and Gavin at Brownells built it,

I had a complete change of direction and decided against the high end semi's. I figured that it was only ever going to be for some short range fun and eventually I'd be wishing it would shoot sub 1/2moa. So... I bought a cheap used Hammerli Tac R1 which fulfilled the all metal criteria, was as accurate as me offhand with iron sights and had plenty of tactical bling, and... spent the saved cash on a CZ452, lol. I wasn't disappointed with either, I take it out about once a month and dump a few mags in quick succession, I smile, then I get comfortable behind the glass of the CZ for a more refined afternoon.

Back