243 max load?

Dave881

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to help me with amax load please? Or info for loads they have found work for them. I want to load 243 win with 90gr nosler ballistic tips, vhit N160, cci 200 primer, OAL 2.700, 22 inch barrel. I will obviously work the load up gradually but a rough starting point and if possible a max load would give me a good starting point. I have looked at vhit and noslers load data and this combo doesn't show on either of their sites or apps. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Dave.

Sampo

a max load would give me a good starting point
I hope you meant to say - a good finishing point or else prepare with a good health insurance and a prayer you really believe in.

Its weird that for the same bullet grain weight, there's a varying min and max load for N160 on the Vihtavuori website.

Dave881

I hope you meant to say - a good finishing point or else prepare with a good health insurance and a prayer you really believe in.

Its weird that for the same bullet grain weight, there's a varying min and max load for N160 on the Vihtavuori website.
Yes I have to say that I didn't word that very well, should have read I can work out a starting point and stop before the max, wasn't really thinking how it sounded as I wrote it.

Fox Tales

From VV free app .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-185907_Vihtavuori Reload.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-185907_Vihtavuori Reload.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 36

PUBLISHED data Winchester cases, REM 9 1/2 primers

Scenar was close but don’t take that as a good example as they often aren’t.

I won’t print what I think of posting QL on the web. If it’s generally accepted not to use others reloads why would you trust someone’s typing/attention to detail ?

Attachments

• ED10DA04-2A09-4586-8059-14D444C2B5B3.jpeg
    ED10DA04-2A09-4586-8059-14D444C2B5B3.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 13

EssBee

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to help me with amax load please? Or info for loads they have found work for them. I want to load 243 win with 90gr nosler ballistic tips, vhit N160, cci 200 primer, OAL 2.700, 22 inch barrel. I will obviously work the load up gradually but a rough starting point and if possible a max load would give me a good starting point. I have looked at vhit and noslers load data and this combo doesn't show on either of their sites or apps. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Dave.

I use to reload for my .243 with reloder 22 - no longer available. It was a slow burning powder, a careful examination of published comparative powder tables should help you find a suitable alternative, probably a vhitavouri powder. I also used a 100gr bullet or a Berger 105gr. As has already been said work up the load - stay safe.