Any Suffolk Shooters?

Hi all,

another thread from me :) I'm a talkative git!....need to get out more....

anyway.

Now, you've all suggested the DSC course for stalking and certainly keen to look into that but I'm imagining that turning up without a decent aim would be a bit of a time waste.

Just wondered if anyone is Suffolk based and could recommend a shooting club/somewhere to shoot regularly to hone the skills. Ideally somewhere I could store a rifle to avoid the need for an immediate license.

and ideally somewhere with a bit of a social side to things. I've spent years going to martial arts clubs for people to do their time then sod off. I miss a club being a club where the social was just as important as the activity itself.

Lookup Cambridge gun club, they have a new outdoor rifle range with running boar target, plus clay pigeon shooting. .270

I think "Riflecraft" do various courses. Worth giving them a call anyway as they might point you in the right direction.
I am in a club near Ipswich but they have a fair waiting list.
Good idea might be to get permission on a local farm (door knocking involved) even if its only shooting rats with an air rifle then progress from there. You will find most of us started this way.
Steve

if you had your own Firearm, then you could join the BDS British Deer Society and attend their ranges days which start next month £20 range fees for the day

if you had your own Firearm, then you could join the BDS British Deer Society and attend their ranges days which start next month £20 range fees for the day

I did think about suggesting this but I am not sure whether being a member of the BDS would be considered 'good reason'.

I'd also suggest a visit to Cambridge Gun Club - it's a fantastic setup. Mick is the man to speak to (they're open Wed to Sun).

Couldn't agrees more - just joined the range as a full member - will be purchasing a target rifle soon :D

Another for Cambridge gun club. If you fancy a Saturday or sunday down there you're more than welcome to come along with me. They're a nice bunch who will point you in the right direction

Back