Are big game doubles going down in price?

CDSG Shooting Sports

Kano383

Totally agree, and add Blasers as well. Merkels handle well though.

A good British styled double (as there are others now building similar) handle like a fast pointing shotgun even though they weigh 10 to 12 lbs.

The German guns tend to have their weight much further forwards. Germans shoot a lot of running game but tends to be a smooth crossing shot and they start with gun up.
Whereas the British Double is designed for a snap shot at a fast charging incoming target with gun carried butt down - line up the muzzles with target and fire as butt hits the shoulder.

It’s different rifles for different styles and different jobs.
Yep. If you get a chance at a running shot on a buffalo, he's not traversing the scenery across you bow... 😋

Heym SR20

Yep. If you get a chance at a running shot on a buffalo, he's not traversing the scenery across you bow... 😋
Yep -that was my experience as well - didn't have a rifle in hand - in one it was a grumpy old bull buffalo on the Jeki Plain - he charged from a few hundred metres away and I was in a land rover. I backed off and started driving away, he kept on coming and a buffalo can easily overhaul an old lightweight landrover - I was going as fast I could and he got to with 20 yards of my rear bumper before he finally gave up. In the other case I was on foot with no rifle and there was good old Mukwa tree that I went up very fast and spent a couple of hours up there till he got bored and buggered off. Besides in those days in Zambia, rifles were hard to come by, and if you had to shoot an animal in self defence there was endless paperwork etc

Territory Hunting