Best gaiters

Daz308

Hi Guys,

I know this thread has been done before but i would like an up to date idea what gaiters you stalkers rate!! I have been wearing the Barbour ones for a couple of seasons now and they are still going strong. What do you recommend??

Thanks in advance,

​daz308

for me Daz i cannot beat the army issue ones they have had some serious abuse in NZ and had them 4 years now still going strong, and only 6 quid off flea bay,atb wayne

I'm on year 4 with my Macgaiters, certainly the quietest I have had, better on a cold day than a hot one mind.

Yeti's for me, used them all last year with a big hole in the heel of my boots and feet dry all year.

If u've not got Berghaus boots which there designed for u might have to glue the toes on and leave them on boots all winter. I glue mine on a start of grouse and stay on till april/may time

Very highly reccommended, and esp if ur older boots are leaking they will solve that problem

W
Yeti's for me, used them all last year with a big hole in the heel of my boots and feet dry all year.

If u've not got Berghaus boots which there designed for u might have to glue the toes on and leave them on boots all winter. I glue mine on a start of grouse and stay on till april/may time

Very highly reccommended, and esp if ur older boots are leaking they will solve that problem[/QUOTE
]
I do the same and it works ,buy the ex army ones from ebay better than the new ones. They are having problems with the rubber splitting.

W

Very highly reccommended, and esp if ur older boots are leaking they will solve that problem[/QUOTE
]
I do the same and it works ,buy the ex army ones from ebay better than the new ones. They are having problems with the rubber splitting.

​same here works a treat.

Kammo.

I tried all sorts (Barbour, Black Islander, British Army, Yeti and many more) and these are by far the best I have found, durable, breathable and well made. So good in fact that I bought two pairs the last time I found some on sale annd put one pair away in the shed for when the ones I wear finally give up the ghost.

Simon

Yeti for me but wish they did wide calf fitting. Like the gluing tip cheers. What do the yeti wearers among reckon if the zip was up the back. Do you reckon it would be better?

I probably have some of the fattest calfs going but never had an issue with yeti's.

Would say they might be a nightmare if zips at back to get on off and remeber u still hsave to lace ur boots up while gaiters are attached. I have sometimes wore mine without the zips being shut just the velcro and still waterproof

Black Islanders. Expensive but very tough, waterproof (as gaiters can be), breathable and easy to put on and take off.
​Willie

I probably have some of the fattest calfs going but never had an issue with yeti's.

Would say they might be a nightmare if zips at back to get on off and remeber u still hsave to lace ur boots up while gaiters are attached. I have sometimes wore mine without the zips being shut just the velcro and still waterproof

I thought you might still access the zips if a rear zip went down enough. Every time I wear mine the top press stud pops open and zip starts going down, granted its not more than 2". The one has actually come away now. Besides that they are still my favourite pair to date and I've had a few.

CB out of interest I've just measured my calves and they are 18 1/2" and 19". What are yours? Before any one starts this ain't a competition just seeing if I got problem with my yetis.

Alright steyr, must admit didnae think i'd beat u, but i'm slighlty chunkier (unfortuately no fat b***ard smiley:D) about 19and 20 i come in at.
But i do have skinnier knees and my gaiters fasten just below my knees, mine have a drawstring top thingy which i usually pull to stop it bouncing off my knees as i walk. I also often wear them with breeks as usually on the grouse or on game shootis so no heavy trousers dunno if that makes a difference, althou i have wore them with trousers too and never noticed that problem.

In fact urs must be older mine don't have a push stud on top just the string thingy

Back