Bunwell Wood Shoot

I had the very good pleasure of stalking with Mark Howard from the site with a chance for my first Muntjac and to be honest I would have been happy just to see my first 1.
Well from the word go mark and his lovely wife made me feel very welcome and after a quick cuppa we were off for the first of two stalks I had booked a pm and am stalk with a nights in the fantastic self accommodation he has.
So off we went and Mark kindly suggested if we come across another species they would be on the cards.
We stalked a nice bit of ground getting with about 40 yards to a group of hinds but somehow they winded us and game over.
Back to the bnb and Mark suggested
‘well if we don’t have any luck tomorrow your not going until you get your first Muntjac even if you have to comeback free your not leaving’
Now that is probably the most generous offer I have ever had and without delay we were back out for the am stalk in another area he had.
Another outing after breakfast saw us see another group of hinds an a few more does until we set off for the final stalk before dark in a high seat.
Again within minutes mark a spotted a rather big buck making his way through the bushes when a squirrel popped out not more that 40 yards or so.
We both looked at each other, grabbed the bins and started to watch z squirrel eat some feed.
Then Mark said look behind the squirrel, like a plonker I never saw it coming but it was a doe and pregnant an knowing that a buck could be close by we held back.
A few minutes later my buck showed himself this was my buck but the bugger wouldn’t stay still, and when he did a massive definite medal came behind him and the little one just said sod this and started making his way towards us.
It must have seemed like an age and I thought mark would say at one stage
‘for feck sake shoot it, while I was trying not to shake concentrate on getting the job done bang’
‘good shot’
Now he wasn’t a medal buck but he was my first, he’s one I’ll always remember because of the story, the couple of days and most importantly the company.
So adrenaline pumping I made my way back home to Anglesey wide eyed and pinching myself along the way. To Mark and all who are thinking of stalking at Bunwell I cannot thank them enough for their generosity and such a fantastic time I had.
And before anyone asks for photos of z buck, he’s being mounted as we speak a rather fitting tribute to my first Muntjac.
To anyone thinking of stalking Muntjac,roe, or anything i wouldn't hesitate to get in touvh with Mark and his team

A sincere thank you once again Mark for a fantastic couple of days.

Arwel

I can't recommend Mark and his outfit highly enough.
A great set up run well with good staff (including sue).
Well done the both of you.
We must get together soon Mark, maybe the spring after game shooting will be a good time.
I will for sure bring down another group.
Well done lads.

Well done to Mark and his good lady Sue for making it all possible. Must take you up on your offer sometime in the near Future and share a few beers and jokes together . I keep promising I know:D

A

thank you very much for your support. It was a pleasure to meet you and I was just as thrilled as you were when you got your deer. Hope to see you soon

Regards

Mark

Sounds like you had a great time with a top gentleman. Well done on your first muntjac buck.:thumb:

Good write up too.

Thanks for that mark,sadly had a dodgy moustache on through november all in aid of mens cancer mind but hopefully when i come again for a go on the roe bucks i will be clean shaven.:D
Thanks again for a fantastic few days and sorry about the key.:doh:

Thanks for that mark,sadly had a dodgy moustache on through november all in aid of mens cancer mind but hopefully when i come again for a go on the roe bucks i will be clean shaven.:D
Thanks again for a fantastic few days and sorry about the key.:doh:

Can you post it , I thought you may have it. It will save having another cut.

Mark

Yes i didn't realise until i walked into the house posted it last week after seeing what id done sory,i sent it recorded friday and I'v just checked the track and trace post office website they left a 'while you were out card'

Yes i didn't realise until i walked into the house posted it last week after seeing what id done sory,i sent it recorded friday and I'v just checked the track and trace post office website they left a 'while you were out card'

Thanks for that I will have a look and see if I can find it. That or kick the postman a bit:)

Back