Cadbury's scandal....

Not sure why Kraft are commenting, they have nothing to do with the business. I've got to say they are the worst things produced anyway...!

Over the past couple of years I've noticed a change of in both the flavour and consistency of eating chocolate - Galaxy excepted- which I think is due to the use of Palm Oil in the recipe.
I 've been told this is due to the American influence (ownership/volume of sales) - but can't prove it so it might just be me getting older and my taste changing

Whatever the reason, I certainly eat less of the product

Er no they don't, Kraft bought Cadbury, then divested the business. The Cadbury brand is owned by Mondelez International, which has no links to Krafts Foods.

Kraft spun off Mondelez a couple of years ago as a separate entity to own and run the snack foods business, leaving Kraft to focus on its core US grocery brands. The Mondelez name was invented as a composite word by two Kraft employees, but has no real meaning other than as a brand name. The Sun will doubtless have mentioned Kraft because few in the UK would recognise the Mondelez name, and The Sun probably couldn't be bothered to explain it.....

Mondelez also own Green & Blacks, which is far superior to the synthetic junk that goes into a Creme Egg, whether CDM or some other cocoa mix!

True Willie, although Mondelez is very close to a Russian saying for something completely different...!

....I must be a right oik.....I prefer Dairy Milk to Galaxy.

There. I've said it. Oooh, I feel better now that's out in the open!

Read an article somewhere lately about how demand far outstripping supply & that cocoa prices will rise significantly
I do like galaxy

Paul

Galaxy is far to sickly as chocolate goes , Cadbury's was always the best , lately I've gone off the new taste .

Read an article somewhere lately about how demand far outstripping supply & that cocoa prices will rise significantly
I do like galaxy

Paul

Paul, sugar, cocoa and energy are all more expensive than they used to be, 7 years ago chocolate was about £1600 per tonne, its now about £2600 per tonne. Coupled with Price points that retailers want to sell things at, meeans something has to give.

Whatever chocolate you like just don't forget how hard the bloody stuff gets in minus temperatures.
Biting it can be costly in the teeth department and sooking it is disgusting.
:old:

Whatever chocolate you like just don't forget how hard the bloody stuff gets in minus temperatures.
Biting it can be costly in the teeth department and sooking it is disgusting.
:old:

I've cracked teeth twice whilst eating Crunchies......and then also managed to pull off one of the replacement crowns from one of the said Crunchie-induced tooth incidents by chewing on a frozen Quality Street whilst out shooting.....

Chocolate. It can be an expensive habit......

(And yes, I have stopped eating Crunchies. Much to my Dentist's dismay!)

Back