Cheap Eyeskey binos, could be good, could be bad

SDSRoe

I've been looking for some bins and have been looking at the Hawke endurance 8x42s, today however I came across an amazon deal for a pair by a company called eyeskey, now I don't expect them to perform like a higher end pair, but I'm interested to see if they are up to the £53 they are on offer for. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this company? I'll update this thread when they arrive and give my verdict in case anyone is also looking for a potential bargain priced pair, I think the usual price is about £60. Hopefully I get lucky :p

JockStalk

Save your money and get a used pair with good glass, best you can afford would be my advice. You do get what you pay for, and if you can’t see it it’s hard to shoot it.

tozzybum

Have a look at Mclouds of Tain website they do new and second hand binoculars for decent prices.
As J,S said best binoculars you can afford, youl get the benefits at first and last light atb

SDSRoe

Thanks both, I have ordered them, so we will see how they are. I'm not expecting an awful lot, I've been spending a fair bit of money on kit recently (and the other half if giving me funny looks :p), if they are no good then they'll go back and I'll put some more money into the binos for sure, if they are useable dawn and dusk I'll keep them with a view to upgrade next year. I totally get the buy the best you can when it comes to optics, I'm just hoping they will be ok for now :)

Tugmanade

I've been looking for some bins and have been looking at the Hawke endurance 8x42s, today however I came across an amazon deal for a pair by a company called eyeskey, now I don't expect them to perform like a higher end pair, but I'm interested to see if they are up to the £53 they are on offer for. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this company? I'll update this thread when they arrive and give my verdict in case anyone is also looking for a potential bargain priced pair, I think the usual price is about £60. Hopefully I get lucky :p
They were giving Eyeskey a plug on Fieldsports Channel’s field tester a few days ago.

SDSRoe

They were giving Eyeskey a plug on Fieldsports Channel’s field tester a few days ago.
Interesting, I’ll try and find the video, from the Amazon reviews most are happy, some not obviously, but I’m hoping they can do a reasonable job before I get around to upgrading 👍

Klenchblaize

You’re not gonna get a second-hand pair of Zeiss/Leica/Swaro for £50. Not even from Mclouds so perhaps the Op will get lucky as there are some cheap bins out there that aren’t a complete disappointment to view through.

K

SDSRoe

Well They've arrived and honestly they aren't terrible, I mean I don't have a lot to compare them to, so it's probably ignorance that's carrying them through in my mind, however I think they will do the job for now, just got to remember not to try any others until I can afford the upgrade :p. seriously though for £55 quid, I'd say they are a pretty good deal. But like I said I haven't tried any higher quality glass yet, so If you've been in the bino game for a while they might well disappoint, but as a first timer, I'm pretty happy, build quality seems sound and the eye relief has 4 positions to choose from :)

Defender 130

Well They've arrived and honestly they aren't terrible, I mean I don't have a lot to compare them to, so it's probably ignorance that's carrying them through in my mind, however I think they will do the job for now, just got to remember not to try any others until I can afford the upgrade :p. seriously though for £55 quid, I'd say they are a pretty good deal. But like I said I haven't tried any higher quality glass yet, so If you've been in the bino game for a while they might well disappoint, but as a first timer, I'm pretty happy, build quality seems sound and the eye relief has 4 positions to choose from :)

which model where they ?

tusker

I have a pair of Ziess 8x30 probably 50 years old, £30 paid for them. They are definitely not for sale!
Tusker

Magnificent 7

My Barr and stroud have gone tits up so purchased a set of Eyeskey for ratching about and for the money there awesome.Fieldtester on you tube compared them against Swarovski and Leica and they came away on some tests as better.And a Lifetime guarantee what's not to like

Last edited: