Classifieds

Krabryn

I wish to post a new thread For Sale ammunition.
Why is it saying I have to wait 25 days before I can do this?!

Miki

New rules have been introduced regarding the number of FOR SALE items people can post ...

Krabryn

Oh thanks for this, it's very disappointing for anyone like me who's decided to sell many items upon retirement!

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Surely you just put more items in one thread?
Obviously this will cause people to list multiple items per thread. It is acceptable to do this for small things like ammunition, powder, knives etc. but it's not acceptable to list multiple firearms or items which should be threads (Adverts) started in separate sections (e.g. Optics and Reloading). Adverts which abuse this will be removed.

Miki

Obviously, I don't apply this to the OP, but I do get rather tired of people who contribute little to the debate and just treat this site as a free alternative to ebay.
Well done, admin, for taking action on this.
I agree, what I do disagree with (sometimes) is the pricing offered by some of the sellers. Surely we are offering (private) items for sale to each other, some (I get the impression) seem to be looking to profit or sell for as close to what they paid originally despite a few years of use. Even some traders prices surprise me ('some' not all). Scopes for more than other retailers are advertising (for example), it's almost like a game of pricing keepy-uppie.

Perhaps i'm expecting too much, an element of camaraderie amongst the ranks rather than profiteering.
Perhaps Admin should limit advertisers of items to only those who pay a subscription (supporters or traders) ?
If you want to sell stuff and not otherwise contribute to the forum (ie knowledge sharing, story telling, educating those who don't know what components are called etc etc) then why not contribute financially, it's 15.2p per day ....
Many items For Sale attract several hundreds of views, with Optics viewers often approaching the 1000 mark..

eBay sellers pay 13% in final fees and it's similar for Amazon, much of the 'stuff' for sale here can't be sold on these platforms as they ban firearms and related items.
You need to submit your bank details set up direct debits, here you sell some old brass and Fred sends you uninhibited funds. No liabilities, no charges. You sell for £50 you get £50 - on eBay you'd get £43 and change.

I think Admin are being generous allowing members to sell for free.
This forum isn't a Democracy, this is a Beneficial Dictatorship :)

Miki

2 full boxes (80) x 6mm etc etc's for sale - it does have a ring of incompetency about it .... especially if it was wrapped inside someone else's [QUOTE' marks

Spix

Simple solution, limit the sales section to supporters and trade only, separate the trade and private sales in the classifieds and reduce the level of churning.

Hook'N'Bullet

I agree, what I do disagree with (sometimes) is the pricing offered by some of the sellers. Surely we are offering (private) items for sale to each other, some (I get the impression) seem to be looking to profit or sell for as close to what they paid originally despite a few years of use. Even some traders prices surprise me ('some' not all). Scopes for more than other retailers are advertising (for example), it's almost like a game of pricing keepy-uppie.

Perhaps i'm expecting too much, an element of camaraderie amongst the ranks rather than profiteering.
Perhaps Admin should limit advertisers of items to only those who pay a subscription (supporters or traders) ?
If you want to sell stuff and not otherwise contribute to the forum (ie knowledge sharing, story telling, educating those who don't know what components are called etc etc) then why not contribute financially, it's 15.2p per day ....
Many items For Sale attract several hundreds of views, with Optics viewers often approaching the 1000 mark..

eBay sellers pay 13% in final fees and it's similar for Amazon, much of the 'stuff' for sale here can't be sold on these platforms as they ban firearms and related items.
You need to submit your bank details set up direct debits, here you sell some old brass and Fred sends you uninhibited funds. No liabilities, no charges. You sell for £50 you get £50 - on eBay you'd get £43 and change.

I think Admin are being generous allowing members to sell for free.
This forum isn't a Democracy, this is a Beneficial Dictatorship :)
I've never sold anything but maybe instead of monthly fee, to a "Per Advert" fee. Like 3 quid to put an add up or something. It's stop people spamming the classifieds with products they could put in one post and would probably turn a bit more of a profit for admin to reinvest back into the site

patjack

I have sold most of my semi custom rifles (never to go down that route again) over the years on this platform selling them at a knockdown price but all buyers got a fabulous deal, though when I see some of the prices that are asked it does make me wonder how the sellers have the audacity to expect such a high price, fact the item does not sell and removed and added to and throw...
I keep paying the supporters monies as its very little and feel though not much does contribute to the site.
I feel everyone who is allowed to sell should be trade or supporter only with no exceptions.
What I can not understand is that there are barrel plumbers and stock makers that appear daily to be getting away with free advertising in the form of their own posts or others posting buy this product or " I had this barrel done by ???? Or a specific stockmaker is the best" if it has not changed they are not even a basic supporter or trade members, so appears one rule for them and everyone else has to toe the line, one rule for all would be clearer and a little more democratic.