Driven hunts

ileso

bugger I'm out of breath now,,, I just ran all the way to one of my high seats,, I heard a horn blowing,, I thought it was
ileso with a large sounder of boar,,, turns out it was the local kids in their mums tarted up hatchback :doh:
Haha, more often than not it's a small sounder. Or lone boar..

That said. All you need is two mean dogs, beagles or harriers will suffice. a handful of gents with rifles or shotguns, and a small hillside out of the wind and facing the morning sun... And a thicket of gorse and brambles with boar in it.

Its surprising just how little cover a boar needs to settle into

Well played its over in less than a heartbeat
.. Except laws.. Yes I know

I am looking for culling hinds or munties in wintertime. januari 2020
I can swap for a day wild boar hunting in the North of France, where I am member of a syndicate.
we shoot around 160 boars a year on 8 days.
anyone interested?
JP

Penyard

We had a driven boar hunt on my farm a few weeks back. Beaters were 2 combine harvesters cutting rape. We shot 6!

Jagare

We had a driven boar hunt on my farm a few weeks back. Beaters were 2 combine harvesters cutting rape. We shot 6!
Isn't it illegal to use more than one combine. Be careful that you don't start a trend and make boar hunting a fun and social event. It may catch on.

Penyard

Isn't it illegal to use more than one combine. Be careful that you don't start a trend and make boar hunting a fun and social event. It may catch on.
Oops, you’re quite right Jagare. Inadvertent breach of the Combine Act. I had 5 in an afternoon a few years ago driven by a Maize forage harvester but far more fun sharing 6 with mates whilst still very much about crop protection, albeit after this years crop had already been damaged!

mchughcb

Why would anybody want to shoot a moving animal on this forum?

Lol im i channeling the spirit of a monkey?

Jagare

Oops, you’re quite right Jagare. Inadvertent breach of the Combine Act. I had 5 in an afternoon a few years ago driven by a Maize forage harvester but far more fun sharing 6 with mates whilst still very much about crop protection, albeit after this years crop had already been damaged!
I thought the problem in the UK was that driven boar was not safe given footpaths, dog walkers and ramblers. You must have mates who have a bit of common sense and can quickly see the safe fields of fire. Mates like that are a rare breed in the UK these days.

Apthorpe

Perhaps worth pointing out that England has about four times the population density of most boar shooting countries; with the exception of Italy - where they've always been willing to accept a few casualties in pursuit of a good day out, and Germany - where everyone knows that forests are traditionally places for shooting unarmed non-combatants.