Available: Free stalk for NHS worker

EMcC

So as and when this happens I’d like to volunteer to pay for there accommodation for one night (£100). Perhaps admin can collect the money from me and hold it on account or I’ll forward payment to the stalking provider.Please let me know good luck and stay safe can be reached by PM
Now that is a good idea. I am not in a position to take anybody out or accommodate them but would be willing to chip in if digs are required and Admin can think of some way of collecting/holding donations.

paul o'

Yup your spot on mty, we were given workman dust masks from B&Q to day ? i still have no covers for my clothes when collecting equipment with body solids or other .all our drivers are off. so its up to just four of us to fit collect deliver and move and clear and clean infected beds ,seat commodes etc, we are useing the same tools and vans to complete the roll and to cap it all the Council office staff are all working from home , i requested they be reused to help clean the incoming stock ??? Yeh but no but @@@ !!! Our under manager has gone off with stress coz the coffee and biscuit barrel has run low and she was asked to step up by me to start cleaning :-|
we are being asked to do more with less and the guilt trips and tacktics are starting to brew from our manager and director who we still hav't seen as he is working from home :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Keep safe mty its the boots on the ground that will pick up the bits as for sure it wont be the suites :finger::rofl:
The PPE situation is a joke isn't it! My Trust is using the principle that until covid19 is confirmed we are to wear minimum PPE. The swabs are currently taking 5 days to return results. That's 5 days anyone who comes into contact with that patient is potentially at risk.

Really feels like the powers that be aren't bothered at all about us. Especially as most of them are working from home now...

paul o'

Best thing taking one of the guy girls out pref a bed side imo is they may have cleaning wipes and sanitizer in there motor :-|;);) this site just fills you with joy when folk like you lot step up and do stuff like this :-|🙌👏🙌👏

MackayRSA

Yup your spot on mty, we were given workman dust masks from B&Q to day ? i still have no covers for my clothes when collecting equipment with body solids or other .all our drivers are off. so its up to just four of us to fit collect deliver and move and clear and clean infected beds ,seat commodes etc, we are useing the same tools and vans to complete the roll and to cap it all the Council office staff are all working from home , i requested they be reused to help clean the incoming stock ??? Yeh but no but @@@ !!! Our under manager has gone off with stress coz the coffee and biscuit barrel has run low and she was asked to step up by me to start cleaning :-|
we are being asked to do more with less and the guilt trips and tacktics are starting to brew from our manager and director who we still hav't seen as he is working from home :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Keep safe mty its the boots on the ground that will pick up the bits as for sure it wont be the suites :finger::rofl:
You were given dust masks. What a joke. We have the proper masks but are not allowed to use them unless a very strict criteria is met. So strict that we haven't been allowed to actually use them.

I feel for you guys! With the ridiculous amount of discharges going down you must be so busy. The least they can do is provide you with the proper kit to keep yourselves safe.

I have my wife dealing with emergency respiratory cases and I'm covering the A&E radiology examinations. So we have a double risk household.

riflerob

I am utterly disgusted by the fact that some NHS trusts / hospitals don't have the correct masks, gowns, etc. Believe me when I say we've got literally palletloads of them in ITU and the storage areas for our Covid floor (the floor is normally 4 wards, 3 are set up for Covid, the other has been emptied and is storage now)
Just want to say, this is not a failure of central Gov't. This is a failure at hospital level.

Today, for example, we had a delivery of 20,000 (yes, twenty thousand) surgical masks, along with other stuff. We'll be doing a full inventory tomorrow.

The biggest problem item now, and for the last 2 weeks, is hand sanitiser.
We've had plenty of the 400ml hand pumps stolen, and more than one of the 1L wall mounted units have vanished too

Colonel

I have been informed that from today that recreation stalking is no longer allowed as it is not classed as essential work and traveling to and from is not essential. That would invalid any insurance you may have.
I too would like to take a NHS worker out to shoot a muntjac or CWD when this is over

paul o'

Kit basic kit would be nice and gone are the days when the wall sanitiser had to watched due to the drunks stealing it !! you guys on the wards please be very safe , my brother who still works at his once own body repair shop he sold has gone back to his store tonight to bring me a few Tyvek paper coverall's after the wife spilled the beans on my lack of H&S ppe but as norm it will prob take a key worker to die before they give us the correct gear .
Be safe guys even you lot that don't work Front line even you British back bone Farmers we would be real stuffed without you guys .

Steve curry

Thank you for this generous offer. I live in Cornwall but work at Torbay hospital and today I think will be my last day with my family for a few weeks as we are about to go into lock down of 48hrs on 48hrs off and I cannot risk infecting my family members.
I have always wanted to have a go at muntjac and if you have any and I’m would love a chance.

To everyone else. Stay safe, wash your hands, keep your distance and see you in the other side.

BE
A big thank you too you and your family

Steve curry

My Dad in his eighties now and can still shoot sub inch groups. He still takes a few fallow every year, he just has to get someone to put them in the boot now. He had a rythym monitor put in place last year. At a review they asked him what he had been up to at 5:30 in the morning with sly grins- he replied pulling a fallow buck out of a ditch. The grins turned to strange looks quite quickly.
He also devoted his working life to the NHS at Great Ormond Street, he was a pioneer of profusion in this country and designed a number of heart lung machines which have been copied and in use all over the world now. He also initiated the first child EcMo in this country. He never had an issue killing if it was for food. He would go nuts if anything was over shot. They only thing he could not being himself to eat was heart though. He said it was to close to the bone! HaHa.
A great offer!!!
Give him a massive thanks from us all

ging125

This is a great offer! Thank you!
I work at a mid sized yorkshire hospital and things as expected are ramping up!
We have a shortage of face visors currently... so We have come up with this... using stationary and bits freely available in the hospital...
If any front line NHS staff primary or secondary care want details do get in touch! I’m in the middle of putting together a PDF for circulation. There are 2 versions depending on supplies available.

ging125

I am utterly disgusted by the fact that some NHS trusts / hospitals don't have the correct masks, gowns, etc. Believe me when I say we've got literally palletloads of them in ITU and the storage areas for our Covid floor (the floor is normally 4 wards, 3 are set up for Covid, the other has been emptied and is storage now)
Just want to say, this is not a failure of central Gov't. This is a failure at hospital level.

Today, for example, we had a delivery of 20,000 (yes, twenty thousand) surgical masks, along with other stuff. We'll be doing a full inventory tomorrow.

The biggest problem item now, and for the last 2 weeks, is hand sanitiser.
We've had plenty of the 400ml hand pumps stolen, and more than one of the 1L wall mounted units have vanished too
We had patient visitors kicking the wall mounted sanitiser off the wall and walking out with the 400ml ones at the end of their loved ones beds! Boils my blood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASH999

I work frontline for the NHS ambulance service as a SEMT I work on a rapid response vehicle and also on an ambulance, already had contact with covid patients scary stuff indeed, especially with the current PPE situation, it’s squeaky bum time, I ended buying my own PPE just in case, my wife works as a sister on ITU/MAU and is looking after covid patients all day they lost three last week makes it very real that’s for sure

it’s a very kind offer my friend and will be very much appreciated by the chosen person...

Last edited:

Toots

I work in theatres at a private hospital that as of 1st April has been handed over to NHS use. I'm expecting (as an ODP) to be shipped off to the local General to do battle against Covid19. Life's gonna get challenging for the foreseeable.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
SikaMalc, I am in lockdown in Germany but I will offer to pay for a days stalking for an NHS front liner taken with you, to be taken up after this things blown over a bit, you know I am good for it if you will do the organising. PM me if it"s OK for you. Martin
Hi Martin,
No problem, but I will give it away for Fallow stalking plus the carcass for the day, no need to pay. I already have a free day for men's suicide to be taken this year on the CWD, so a free on the Fallow would fit in ok with me.

Just hope we all come through this ok. Just had the builders in our home sent back as one of their kids is showing symptoms. Both Sandra and myself have been keeping out of their way as much as possible whilst they have been here since Monday. Just hope his daughter is ok and not infected.