GP report.......again!

Orion

Ladies and gents, may I ask why it is always BASC's fault? Do the other organisations have more success with every shooting matter/issue we have to debate?
No, not all, but the others don’t have a propensity to ‘welcome’ so much that proves to be ultimately detrimental to shooting.

potshotpat

And we could have worst to come yet, given the suggestion that the police want to also be able to check your finances to make sure you are not potentially suicidal.
So you will need a doctors report and an accountants report.

What’s next?
My finances are in A1 condition. I have loads of money in my Cheque Book. :thumb:

Albifrons

And we could have worst to come yet, given the suggestion that the police want to also be able to check your finances to make sure you are not potentially suicidal.

What’s next?
The FEO knew everything about me, my wife and daughter. On her laptop, there was a log of me reporting to the police of graffiti on a local building, my wife reporting our car stolen in 2008 and my daughter having her car vandalised also.

wcog106

The FEO knew everything about me, my wife and daughter. On her laptop, there was a log of me reporting to the police of graffiti on a local building, my wife reporting our car stolen in 2008 and my daughter having her car vandalised also.
Did they get you to put extra security in too?

Orion

Will they guarantee a refund if your FLD doesn’t accept their involvement in the medical evidence process?

And how will they place a marker on your medical records?

Chancers? No details of who they are on the website so I wouldn’t touch them.

kes

I would never give my financial details, they're bad enough without being jealous !!
(of my credit score)

riddick

Will they guarantee a refund if your FLD doesn’t accept their involvement in the medical evidence process?

And how will they place a marker on your medical records?

Chancers? No details of who they are on the website so I wouldn’t touch them.
"no matter what it is, weather,cancer, starving kids, save the whales, shooting sports, hunting, positives or negatives, you can bet a £ to a pinch "o" sh1t,, some fecker somewhere will attempt to get an earner out of it.

Liveonce

Just found these might but some help £50 https://medcert.co.uk/
I emailed them sometime ago and asked them how would they comply with the Kent GP template letter and the EVER clause as they would only have access to your online summary care records which for example in my case is 1/3 of my life. The other 2/3 are in paper format held by my registered GP which they could not easily get access to.
They never replied. The October Pull Magazine had a plug for them.

But as I have said, I don’t think the police care if the GP report is inaccurate or incomplete, so long as they get one and could point the blame away from themselves if they needed to.

Reactions: kes

scowill

And BASC wonder why so many here mock and despise them . . .

I'd be too embarrassed to work for such a shower of self-serving sycophants
I am a BASC member and recently recieved a letter from them. This letter was basically telling me that i should be outraged because Lancashire are requiring a residents form telling them who else lives at your address and also that they are going to be requiring a GP report soon also.
Funny thing is i live in Greater Manchester, not Lancashire, and had to provide a residents form a year ago with my shotgun application, and also needed to get a GP report for my FAC two months ago. Needless to say i wasn't that outraged.

Last edited:

kes

I am a BASC member and recently recieved a letter from them. This letter was basically telling me that i should be outraged because Lancashire are requiring a residents form telling them who else lives at your address and also that they are going to be requiring a GP report soon also.
Funny thing is i live in Greater Manchester, not Lancashire, and had to provide a residents form a year ago with my shotgun application, and also needed to get a GP report for my FAC two months ago. Needless to say i wasn't that outraged.
A strange requirement since the electoral role is always up to date and they could check that without bothering you. So their 'service' amounts to checking forms, sending a GP letter for more info (if required) and deciding if you are a threat - oh and making a cert up and posting it. Well worth the fee ????

Si

What’s next?
DNA on file, facial recognition, fingerprints, iris scan, credit checks?

Steve curry

Just going through my renewal. All paper work done .checked and sent off.my doctor is one of my referees and they still wanted a letter from him.no problem steve I will get one off for you.didnt charge me.and they went and lost it.tryd saying my doctor didnt send one.sent them an email of the letter that went too them on the second of September not heard owt since.the feo is at mine on friday .should be intresting

kes

Just going through my renewal. All paper work done .checked and sent off.my doctor is one of my referees and they still wanted a letter from him.no problem steve I will get one off for you.didnt charge me.and they went and lost it.tryd saying my doctor didnt send one.sent them an email of the letter that went too them on the second of September not heard owt since.the feo is at mine on friday .should be intresting
Make sure you dont say anything untoward or in a loud voice, or look irritated by incompetence or you will be deemed to be aggressive and lose your cert(s). We are completely beholden to the Chief Constables whim. Shame we dont have effective support for all.

riddick

Make sure you dont say anything untoward or in a loud voice, or look irritated by incompetence or you will be deemed to be aggressive and lose your cert(s). We are completely beholden to the Chief Constables whim. Shame we dont have effective support for all.
when mine eventually turns up I'll get some hookers and buds in,play some hard rock music, to sway things in my favour, but knowing my luck I'll probably get a bloody babycham drinking shirtlifter who hates guns, girls, and likes the feckin' communards :rolleyes: