Hi from Ayrshire - any clubs in West Scotland or Warwick area worth a look?

PSE Composites Limited

jdawg

Hi folks

Just popped in to say hello. Been lurking around here for a bit following a guest day at Bisley where I had a great time on the 200m range. Based in Ayrshire and looking for a route into stalking and somewhere to do target practice. Getting myself up the learning curve a bit before applying for FAC. Have reached out to user Edinburgh Rifles who posted about his full bore club (Lothian and Borders Rifle Club) so hopefully that works out and would be great if not a wee bit of a drive. If not are there any other ranges in central Scotland (especially in the West) that would be worth a look? I must say it is quite hard to find very many of these on the internet or Google maps - maybe for obvious reasons!

Also going to be spending time in the Warwick area soon with work for an extended period, so same goes for any clubs that would be worth a look in that region.

Will be looking to do some paid (accompanied) stalks in the new year - if anyone can recommend anyone who is beginner friendly that would be great.

macfarlane

Edinburgh rifles won't start shooting till March when the grouse shooting stops, there's blairatthol range just across the forth bridge, or blairadam near Pitlochry lots of Glasgow based guys shoot blairatthol it's a mod range holds shoots first sat in the month. It's on this weekend check out the west of Edinburgh club I'm sure it comes under that, and welcome to the stalking directory.

jdawg

Thanks for the suggestions TH4 and macfarlane. That's really helpful :thumb: Silverstone looks like a good shout and was not on my original research list.

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope