Votes: 53 25.6%
  • Left BASC

Votes: 91 44.0%
  • Was never with BASC

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Going to leave BASC or seriously considering

Votes: 52 25.1%

• Total voters
The thing is, it seems BASC are not looking long term. I can understand any organisation looking to preserve itself. But by failing to present good cases for preserving shooting sports, the ultimate result will be less (or no) shooters, which will inevitably mean the end of BASC as it is now. So it appears self-defeating. Yes, I understand that BASC has no final say in what the government (and it's many arms) does. But it needs to lobby more. It needs to seriously consider ways in which the way shooting is seen by the public can be improved. That'll be a long and winding road. But it needs done.

Of course BASC are not the only shooting organisation and I could level the same comments at most or all of the others. But BASC (despite those leaving) is the biggest by far and they need to take the bit between the teeth and lead on this. Because they will surely die along with the rest.

Of course BASC are not the only shooting organisation and I could level the same comments at most or all of the others. But BASC (despite those leaving) is the biggest by far and they need to take the bit between the teeth and lead on this. Because they will surely die along with the rest.
The rest will not be dyeing because they are picking up all the unhappy BASC members.
All the people I shoot with were all members of BASC and they are all members of another organization now and I am talking double figures.

The rest will not be dyeing because they are picking up all the unhappy BASC members.
All the people I shoot with were all members of BASC and they are all members of another organization now and I am talking double figures.

If shooting is stopped effectively, what's the point of being in any shooting organisation? Might as well join the Flat Earth Society.

I left years ago and still can't understand why clubs etc force you to join an ORG that is just wrong on so many levels ,SACS for me and have been for some time :smug: Clubs should allow freedom of choice as long as you have the correct INS good to go ,God for bid you injure yourself while beating as a member of Basc as they did't insure you if it was for profit :eek: :rofl: :rofl: ,I don't know if this is still so but its just another way to not pay out imo ,I understand if it was your shoot/land and you own it or have a few k's out of it per year but not insuring beaters ! have a word get real …..

What do they do that's so bad? I'm with them; have been for years. There stalking schemes are good, as are the members offers on vehicles.

I realise that one or two of them has not hit the right tone with social media and give the impression BASC are in effect maintaining their lifestyle. I say impression, as I don't think they are.

Maybe the governance structure isn't to many people's liking. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if it is run by people who like to dress up as unicorns.

What do they do that causes so much contention?

Cheers

W

What do they do that's so bad? I'm with them; have been for years. There stalking schemes are good, as are the members offers on vehicles.

I realise that one or two of them has not hit the right tone with social media and give the impression BASC are in effect maintaining their lifestyle. I say impression, as I don't think they are.

Maybe the governance structure isn't to many people's liking. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if it is run by people who like to dress up as unicorns.

What do they do that causes so much contention?

Cheers

W
Do you care if they represent you or fight for shooting sports ?
Stalking schemes and courses are all well and good but if firearms ownership and shooting sports are banned what good are they ?

Working of the principal of divide and conquer. Do you think we were better off back in the day, with the British Fields ports Society.?

It’s what they do not do I think, look at the success (I hate to say that) that wild justice has had in only a few months and with considerable less money than BASC.

I belong to BASC and on a 1:1 level have received help from them, but at a national level on the big issues facing us I feel they could do a lot better.

Do you care if they represent you or fight for shooting sports ?
Stalking schemes and courses are all well and good but if firearms ownership and shooting sports are banned what good are they ?
Of course I do, however i wonder if you expect to much. Since when does the government ever listen. We are few. Firearms are a political football when the wants of a few can be sidelined by the security concerns of the many. Ignoring facts..such as most gun crime is committed by illegal firearms that have found their way into the country.

What would you like them to do?

Of course I do, however i wonder if you expect to much. Since when does the government ever listen. We are few. Firearms are a political football when the wants of a few can be sidelined by the security concerns of the many. Ignoring facts..such as most gun crime is committed by illegal firearms that have found their way into the country.

What would you like them to do?
In that case I’d like them to stop calling themselves the voice of shooting and just an insurance broker , that’ll do me

As others have said it what they have FAILED to do that is the issue as well as, that by claiming to be "an authoritative voice for shooting", appearing to give implied acceptance of changes in the law onerous and costly to shooters in exchange for promised benefits to shooters (the ten year FAC and SGC) that aren't then delivered.

And, yes, whilst the stalking scheme is a good scheme is good, it should be remembered that BASC exists supposedly to serve the live quarry shotgun user and owner instead of, as late, become spectacularly involved in internal staff disputes resulting in payments of tens of thousands of pounds and also to police being called to BASC headquarters after certain "altercations".

Must admit I'm with wills above althou basc seem to becoming harder and harder to support now, even this latest sit back and see with trophies ( wtf) while in its present form won't massively affect many in UK, But it will affect some and with a few tweaks could massively affect all UK stalking, a very bad precedent to set.

1 thing I can never understand is the many who leave as no ' voice' and then join sacs, esp if u live in eng.
They are pretty much mute in Scotland and definitely silent in eng.
Can anyone name anything sacs have ever done???

By all means leave and get cheaper ins but surely NGO or Ca are doing more for the same money in eng, just can't understand how u can critise for lack of voice and join something that has no vouce

Must admit I'm with wills above althou basc seem to becoming harder and harder to support now, even this latest sit back and see with trophies ( wtf) while in its present form won't massively affect many in UK, But it will affect some and with a few tweaks could massively affect all UK stalking, a very bad precedent to set.

1 thing I can never understand is the many who leave as no ' voice' and then join sacs, esp if u live in eng.
They are pretty much mute in Scotland and definitely silent in eng.
Can anyone name anything sacs have ever done???

By all means leave and get cheaper ins but surely NGO or Ca are doing more for the same money in eng, just can't understand how u can critise for lack of voice and join something that has no vouce
I get what your saying but by not doing anything will not make them rethink there strategies, kind of try to force there hand to earn my hard earned cash, that gives them a good wage with A LOT of perks of the job !!!

The thing is that SACS doesn't purport to "big itself up" by claims to be "an authoritative voice for shooting"! Nor do one sided "deals" to been accept GP and "welcome" medical input in exchange for a ten year FAC/SGC that was then never delivered whilst GP medical input has now been used by some forces to demand that which was never the original remit of it.

Yet this same BASC then won't pro-actively spend the huge cash reserves it has to challenge this by any judicial review process. So we shooters look and see how Natural England basically capitulated to the mere threat of a judicial review by Wild Justice yet BASC didn't even make that gesture let alone actually carry it out.

BASC has become a cracked bell. It may make a lot of noise but it's an empty noise that doesn't effectively ring.

Last edited:
Back