L200 mpg

wildpig

Hello,any l200(later shape 06 on 2.5) owners what are you getting mpg out of them.thanks

My 4X4 can do between 10-34mpg and if you are lamping in second gear expect single figures.

Sorry chaps but in my experience I find most people seem to inflate the mpg there vehicles do, atb swaro

I think it's fair to say that a lot of people err on the side of generosity whether it's MPG, the distance they shoot at, how deep the snow is where they live in winter or how hot the sun is in summer but there also some people who can give an accurate answer to a given question so probably best not doubt everyone at first glance.

The above members have given reasonable answers and also not over inflated the figures. Words like 'roughly' and 'between x and x' are perfectly acceptable as it gives a general guide, not an over generous 'guaranteed to do xx' figure.

MPG is subjective and it depends alot on how you drive, the maintenance of the vehicle, the tyres you use, the roads and distance you travel, the traffic conditions and even the fuel etc.

For example my Navara on 80/20 tyres is currently sat on 35.8mpg on a daily 20 mile round trip to work but it has done 61.6 for a short distance after filling up in Salisbury and following a tractor a couple of miles to Wilton.
I always use Shell or BP diesel where I can as it gives better MPG and I believe is better for the engine (less smoke). I average between 35-38mpg with this fuel yet when I stuck Esso in a couple of weeks ago I struggled to get 33mpg.

And the above figures were taken from the screen in the dashboard............

I have been doing 'reality checks' on my 2010 L200 2.5 by keeping a record of the miles covered and the amount of diesel bought on each fill-up. My mixed driving total is consistent at 31 mpg for the last four full tanks.

Last edited:
I have a Nissan Navara 2.5 diesel 62 plate which averages 32mpg using Shell diesel + nitro with a light right foot. Not sure if the fuel makes much difference but use it anyway. The truck has a top box fitted with gunsafe and dog box inside so it will be carrying a fair bit of weight and I tend to drive with the air con on.

Willie

Last edited:
There are many variables but it appears that the average is about 30-32 and that's about what my brothers L200 dose & there is certainly a big difference in fuel from different firms I too also look to use Shell fuel as on a run to Scotland & back I get 150 more miles out of a tank of Shell fuel than a tank from Morrisons in my citeron cynegrie, which last time averaged 53.8 mpg. P.S. takes about £100 to fill tank from just below a quarter, I never let it go too low if I can help it.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by swarovski :zzz:

if you dont have anything constructive to put why waste your time?

Very good point

There are many variables but it appears that the average is about 30-32 and that's about what my brothers L200 dose & there is certainly a big difference in fuel from different firms I too also look to use Shell fuel as on a run to Scotland & back I get 150 more miles out of a tank of Shell fuel than a tank from Morrisons in my citeron cynegrie, which last time averaged 53.8 mpg. P.S. takes about £100 to fill tank from just below a quarter, I never let it go too low if I can help it.

Ive heard that also, why is it you get more miles of fuel from different distributors.

Do they water it down like some pubs do with spirits etc..:)

It seems as if the majority are gettimg around 32mph and i stand corrected.i thought 30mpg in a 4x4 was a myth

30-32mpg here L200 56 plate worked out on fuel consumed from Full tank when refilled to Full

Back