LINSEED OIL ON PORCELAIN

plonker

Evening all, having completed a patio over the weekend i noticed staining on the porcelain slabs as i was jointing them and told the owner to wash it down the following day but the marks remain.
Now having phoned the company they told me not enough water was used to wet the patio prior to jointing.
This is the first time ive used "point it" jointing compound as normally use "easy point or sika" so am well versed in how these products are used.
They told me that the staining "linseed oil" will weather and disappear but i want it removed asap.
Anyone know what product will remove the staining other than waiting for it to weather?
Cheers

Attachments

• 20210627_135214.jpg
    20210627_135214.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210627_135225.jpg
    20210627_135225.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 104

reiver

Washing up liquid would probably work best .or weak brick acid .
Back in the days of me building large brick manholes .we used to have to cover the Enginnering bricks with linseed oil to stop the turds sticking to the brick once we built the chamber. Still don’t know if it works or not 🤣

plonker

Washing up liquid would probably work best .or weak brick acid .
Back in the days of me building large brick manholes .we used to have to cover the Enginnering bricks with linseed oil to stop the turds sticking to the brick once we built the chamber. Still don’t know if it works or not 🤣
Its not turds sticking nowdays but wet wipes!!
The staining is on top if the slabs (porcelain) so need a product to break down the linseed oil residue on the surface of the tiles🤔

Mountain Bug

A quick google search resulted in an article by a fellow calling himself the South Buckinghamshire Tile Doctor. He used a product called Tile Doctor Pro-Clean to remove a coat of linseed oil from a porcelain tile floor using a ten minute soak and a rotary scrubber. Product is available at tiledoctor.co.uk.

Scott