Long time lurker, first time poster

Good morning all, I hope this finds you well

I’m Guy from Herefordshire, mid 30’s and a chef by profession. Cooking deer is my jam.

I’ve been lurking the boards here at SD for some time now reading and learning as much as possible from you guys so I thought it was about time to say hello. Thank you all for the treasure trove of information. I also really like reading the hunting reports.

I’ve been shooting and fishing all my life and recently applied for my FAC as I felt the time was right, I had enough experience, land permission and good reason to own firearms. I applied on 7th July and my grant was approved last Wednesday with West Mercia. I’ve got nothing but good things to say about the whole experience, well done WM. I’m now patiently waiting for the ticket to drop into the post box any day whilst mentally spending the money I’ve saved to get me started on both calibre.

I asked for .17hmr and .223rem with mods both of which were approved. I have a couple of permissions where Charlie is an issue hence the calibre choices. I was lucky enough to get fox on the hmr (I didn’t ask for this as it’s not got the legs required in my experience and opinion) and vermin, Fox and AOLQ on the 223 which is handy, we have plenty of munties here.

I’m hoping to build up some experience on deer with a close friend acting as a mentor who lives locally to me, he is very experienced. I’m lucky as we are surrounded by fallow, roe and muntjac. Im looking to do dsc1 early next year as well as some of the excellent looking paid outings on here when corona has hopefully died down and my wallet has recovered from the impending thrashing.

Hopefully this is all inline with the new member posting requirements and thanks again for this valuable resource. I look forward to learning from and integrating into this board.

Regards

Guy

g.u.y

Welcome, Guy. What a fabulous introduction. Shout if you need anything: I'm just outside Bromyard.
Kind regards,
Carl
Ah thanks very much Carl, I’m north of Leominster so we are basically next door neighbours ;) I’ll be sure to give you a shout if ever needed thanks very much

Stalker1962

Hopefully this is all inline with the new member posting requirements and thanks again for this valuable resource. I look forward to learning from and integrating into this board.

I think it will just about pass muster with Admin.

I also think for those that struggle this might be a good introduction to plagiarise learn from.

g.u.y

Phew taa very much. Jokes aside I’ve read a lot of your posts on a wide variety of topics and I find your experience and opinion very insightful. I look forward to reading some more

Dave881

I’m Guy from Herefordshire, mid 30’s and a chef by profession. Cooking deer is my jam.

I’ve been lurking the boards here at SD for some time now reading and learning as much as possible from you guys so I thought it was about time to say hello. Thank you all for the treasure trove of information. I also really like reading the hunting reports.

I’ve been shooting and fishing all my life and recently applied for my FAC as I felt the time was right, I had enough experience, land permission and good reason to own firearms. I applied on 7th July and my grant was approved last Wednesday with West Mercia. I’ve got nothing but good things to say about the whole experience, well done WM. I’m now patiently waiting for the ticket to drop into the post box any day whilst mentally spending the money I’ve saved to get me started on both calibre.

I asked for .17hmr and .223rem with mods both of which were approved. I have a couple of permissions where Charlie is an issue hence the calibre choices. I was lucky enough to get fox on the hmr (I didn’t ask for this as it’s not got the legs required in my experience and opinion) and vermin, Fox and AOLQ on the 223 which is handy, we have plenty of munties here.

I’m hoping to build up some experience on deer with a close friend acting as a mentor who lives locally to me, he is very experienced. I’m lucky as we are surrounded by fallow, roe and muntjac. Im looking to do dsc1 early next year as well as some of the excellent looking paid outings on here when corona has hopefully died down and my wallet has recovered from the impending thrashing.

Regards

Guy
Hi Guy,
Great introduction there and welcome to the forum, there are some excellent people on here who offer brilliant support and advice. I hope you enjoy your journey into the stalking world.
Dave

g.u.y

Hi Guy,
Great introduction there and welcome to the forum, there are some excellent people on here who offer brilliant support and advice. I hope you enjoy your journey into the stalking world.
Dave

Thanks very much Dave. I’m way out of my depth right now but time spent learning here and in the field will certainly help

sh1kar

Regards

Guy

good intro. You didn’t decide to get a deer legal calibre for say Roe in England?
S

g.u.y

good intro. You didn’t decide to get a deer legal calibre for say Roe in England?
S

Hi thanks for the reply.

I was toying with the idea of asking .243 but decided to not rock the boat too much first application and gain some more experience on centre fire and Charlie first. FEO suggested put a vari in in the future once I’ve done some more stalking