Magnetospeed V3

Leica Amplus 6

wytonpjs

Anyone following my recent threads may not be surprised by my next question - anyone thinking of selling their Magnetospeed V3? If so, please drop me a pm - I'd like to speak.....................

Many thanks

Peter

DVS1

Anyone following my recent threads may not be surprised by my next question - anyone thinking of selling their Magnetospeed V3? If so, please drop me a pm - I'd like to speak.....................

Many thanks

Peter
You can hire one from Edinburgh Rifles i believe? May save a few pennies in the long run

wytonpjs

You can also get away with the cheaper sporter model. Chronos always handy to have especially if you hand load.
What I liked about the V3 this morning was that it was possible to fit it with my F&D FW196 mod fitted and still get good readings. I do not believe you can do that with the Sporter which barrel mounts only.

wytonpjs

You can hire one from Edinburgh Rifles i believe? May save a few pennies in the long run
Seen, but whilst Chrono use is infrequent, test runs do not always go to plan and candidly, given my time, diesel and range lane rental over the last week, I think its a good investment.

Border

What I liked about the V3 this morning was that it was possible to fit it with my F&D FW196 mod fitted and still get good readings. I do not believe you can do that with the Sporter which barrel mounts only.
True, but is that worth another £200 to you?

Alantoo

I bought mine from Edinburgh Rifles, Ed offered the best discount and advice at the time...

True, but is that worth another £200 to you?

As well as the barrel/moderator diameter versatility it offers, the V3 has an SD card onto which you can archive the shot string data as a .csv file and then transfer to your computer to identify the nodes visually on a spreadsheet graph, or drop directly into Gordons Reloading Tool to play with the Barrel Harmonic calculator...

Yes, you can just copy the velocities down from the Sporter version and enter them manually, but you can also introduce irritating errors that way...well I have found that I can!

Alan

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...