medical conditions affecting an FAC

Whitebeard

No they should not, you only need to answer yes or no on your grant/renewal form to the question do you suffer from any relevant medical conditions.

Ian.

Raygreen

While I agree it's not relevant , I had problems with Northumbria when it come to light that I failed to disclose the fact I had heart issues , however I did not have my certificates refused or revoked

Ray

Laurie

.......... and anything that can cause dizziness, unconsciousness or loss of control, fainting, seizures or other kinds of fits etc. Diagnosis of epilepsy is an immediate loss of certificate and driving license.

Whitebeard

The relevant conditions are stated in the notes of the firearms certificate grant/renewal forms.

Ian.

bish789

Statins aren't or shouldn't be a problem. I told my FEO that I was a Type 2 diabetic, controlled by diet, and he said he was too, he asked if I was on statins, I said yes, he never battered an eyelid. Tell them, and you can't be accused of withholding anything.

re'M'ington

I was on Statins but suffered really bad with cramp so stopped taking them for 12 months then Doc said to restart on a lower dose and cramps straight back so stopped again and haven't restarted and probably won't.

Yorkie

Mental health issues aside I presume if you are fit to operate a vehicle you are fit to operate a firearm.

hogey

Went for a "well man " check up at docs and even though blood pressure and cholesterol readings where good they said I was high risk of heart problems and I should take Statins .High risk meaning overweight and 66.
I declined after I went home and read about them .
My brother in law was on them and he died after hear attack .
Sorry to digress a bit just saying :D