Mk1 ferret finder repairs

Norfolk ferret

Hi chaps,

Got my ferreting kit out the other day to discover my mk3 locator is missing. We’ve turned the house upside down trying to find it and I’ve been back to where I last used it twice but no luck.
Anyway, I have an old mk1 locator in a draw that doesn’t work properly. It only picks up the collars from about three ft and if you turn the dial higher than 3-4 it crackles like hell. I’ve tried new batteries and looked for anything obvious but I cannot get my head round it.
I’ve ordered a new dial switch (or whatever the proper name is) but it looks a bit involved to change it!
Does anyone know if that probably is the problem or is there anyone currently reconditioning the old locators? It’s a pain as you can’t buy the locator separately and I don’t have £200 spare to spend on ferreting at the moment.

Any help gratefully received, cheers

Fursty Ferret

For me the mk1 boxes are the bees knees. Prefer them over the mk3 every day of the week. I have a number for Mick Dadd if you are struggling pm me.

Neilmetters1966

If you can't find someone to repair it I have a mate who knows someone on Facebook northeast hunters someone on there repairs them

Toots

I have recently found my ferret finder in a box of old stuff in the garage. Seeing as how I've not had a ferret for 25 years I'm pretty sure it's a mk1. It's of no use to me but may be to you. I can't guarantee it still works as I have no batteries to test the unit or collar with but if you bung a few quid in the next HFH collection jar you see then I'll get it in the post to you early next week.

hendrix's rifle

I have recently found my ferret finder in a box of old stuff in the garage. Seeing as how I've not had a ferret for 25 years I'm pretty sure it's a mk1. It's of no use to me but may be to you. I can't guarantee it still works as I have no batteries to test the unit or collar with but if you bung a few quid in the next HFH collection jar you see then I'll get it in the post to you early next week.
Top offer mate, this forum's great.

Norfolk ferret

That is an incredibly kind offer that I’d like to take you up on.
I’m trying to think what spare kit I’ve got that I could pass on to keep the goodwill going.

Woodsmoke

What a kind offer! The old Mk1 was a great piece of kit!

Incidentally, I have a bag of nets going begging if you want those too? I'll take some photos later, and if you want them they're yours for the price of postage?

Norfolk ferret

Incidentally, I have a bag of nets going begging if you want those too? I'll take some photos later, and if you want them they're yours for the price of postage?
Hi,

Thanks for the offer, I’ve already got quite a few nets so I’ll pass if that’s ok.
I’ve been thinking about these generous offers and I’m wondering whether there could be a page set up where people can offer any unwanted kit for free. I’m sure it happens already but it could be aimed at helping youngsters or people on a very tight budget into the sport?
Just thinking out loud really and obviously people could take advantage but I’m sure it could work somehow?

oxonhunter

Hi is the bag of nets still going begging and im after some nets for the lad + other bits going begging / looking to sell then send me pm.