Napier tree hugger for suspended gralloch

pete evans

It is a piece of webbing wrapped round a tree with some s hooks. So, no better no worse I would think. I have a fishing weight on a bit of paracord in the roe sack that i can throw over a branch if there is nothing low to hang the deer on but it hardly gets used to be honest.

chrishorner

I've bought one but not used it as yet, damn weather as with all things Napier the quality is great, I have an Apex predator roe sack that I adore and a Stalker rifle slip that is bomb proof and seen a lot of hammer. When I use it I will do a little write up, must say the Napier airglow wind checker is bloody great!

tozzybum

Thats the silverline hoist with 2 gambrel,s ,got 1 from ebay for £6.99 delivered they are good hoists for the money<£6.99>atb

badbob

like tozzybum Ive got a silverline "pocket"pulley hoist
and also an aldi rachet hoist. just a few quid.Essentially they make lifting easy
using little effort and not pulling your shoulder out.

there`s lots of gadgets but you've got to carry them.
you could carry an electric winch and a 12 volt battery in your roe sack

the tree hugger ideally needs a tree with no branches leaning at about 20 degrees from vertical.
and you still need a pulley system.

long_range_rob

For Roe and Muntjac I gralloch on the floor. I was shown how to do it properly by a pro and it's easier than than suspending IMHO. I do, however, have one of Keith's Stalkers Mate's and it is excellent on larger animals.

308tikka

£50 for a hoist and new paracord?! I have a folding gambrel so maybe ill just get the pulley... Or use paracord with loops!

Thanks for replies. Interesting.

willie_gunn

£50 for a hoist and new paracord?! I have a folding gambrel so maybe ill just get the pulley... Or use paracord with loops!

Thanks for replies. Interesting.
In a moment of weakness I bought one of those pulleys, but now it gathers dust in the larder.

I only have muntjac and roe, and the pulley was simply not required as I've yet to find a roe or muntjac that couldn't be suspended without.

Now if I had fallow, red or sika things might be different.......

For years I would gralloch on the floor, but I do find a suspended gralloch leaves a cleaner carcase, particularly if you can leave the beast suspended for a while.

roedeerred

I have a rope ratchet from Aldi I got a couple of years ago also a short length of cord with a loop on each end to put over a branch then hook the strap on I often use it to hang deer while I continue stalking.It fits in the back of my jacket is no bother to carry and keeps carcase out of the mud and helps them drain and cool while I get back to them .
VERY HANDY piece of kit.