Peli case discount for SD members!

Ratten

Moderators strike be down if i shouldn't have posted this here - but it seemed a good offer for all on the board.

Following on from the thread further down about cases it seems a number of us use the Peli cases in one form or another. Given it is something that a good number of us may want / need at some time i dropped them a note at Peli and asked if we could get a forum discount.

They said yes and offered:lol: 37.5% :lol:discount for SD forum members off the RRP. You need to contact Deb Pye (deb@peliproducts.co.uk) and she should sort you out. (i'm hoping i got the decimal point in the right place!)

Wish i'd thought of this before i bought mine!!!!

Either way - enjoy ladies and gentlemen.:cool:

Oh, and i have nothing to do with Peli except being a happy customer and wanting to do something nice for everyone here. Not sure if i get banned for this...

Unfortunately, it appears that 37% + discount is already available, and if you're after one of the Storm cases, Peli UK, via their own web site http://www.pelistormdirect.co.uk/ have been the cheapest I've been able to find.

I'll be buying a Peli Storm IM3100, which seems to have a retail of circa £270.00 + vat, & they're doing it for £162.38 + vat, without foam, or £182.60 + vat with foam.

If you find it cheaper, let me know :D

Unfortunately, it appears that 37% + discount is already available, and if you're after one of the Storm cases, Peli UK, via their own web site http://www.pelistormdirect.co.uk/ have been the cheapest I've been able to find.

I'll be buying a Peli Storm IM3100, which seems to have a retail of circa £270.00 + vat, & they're doing it for £162.38 + vat, without foam, or £182.60 + vat with foam.

If you find it cheaper, let me know :D

Agreed...

Peli Storm iM3300 With Foam | Peli Storm Direct

RRP-37.5% is £223.09, so at £205.88 already available on the site, that's an additional 5% to anyone that can be *rsed to research!

I'll put this to Deb if she responds and see if she meant to offer 47.5%... :doh:

Agreed...

Peli Storm iM3300 With Foam | Peli Storm Direct

RRP-37.5% is £223.09, so at £205.88 already available on the site, that's an additional 5% to anyone that can be *rsed to research!

I'll put this to Deb if she responds and see if she meant to offer 47.5%... :doh:

Iain,

Tell Deb if she can't do better, we're going to need all the weights, of all the cases, in all the colours, (just in case the pigments have different densities !) with, & without foam. And proper weights, not the dodgy ones on the web site ;)

The RRP for Pelicases is a joke. A quick search on Google will show that every retailer shows a heavy discount from the RRP. I have 4 Pelicases and bought them these people:

Peli case lifetime guarantee - Waterproof-Cases.co.uk

One thing that is particularly annoying is the way they display their prices net of VAT. In the UK and Europe we are used to seeing the all in price, that is, VAT included in the price. This gimmick of showing the price net of VAT is just an attention grabber. The bags are expensive but they are worth every penny if you consider the value of your cargo.

I just had a word with Debbie Pye regarding the 37.5% discount she's offered. This ONLY applies to the "PELI Case" range, NOT the "PELI STORM" range, which is already heavily discounted.

So as an example, the retail on the Peli 1700 WITH foam, is £316.75 + vat, their price to SD members £198.00 + vat, compared to £212.00 + vat from Waterproof Cases. So a small saving.

I just had a word with Debbie Pye regarding the 37.5% discount she's offered. This ONLY applies to the "PELI Case" range, NOT the "PELI STORM" range, which is already heavily discounted.

So as an example, the retail on the Peli 1700 WITH foam, is £316.75 + vat, their price to SD members £198.00 + vat, compared to £212.00 + vat from Waterproof Cases. So a small saving.

Makes you wonder why they bother with such a high RRP, if all they do is discount heavily. Just reset the RRP as it makes it look like they are struggling to sell their kit at such a high price and perception becomes reality.

OK let's face it that the UK is in trouble with the economy still. No matter the spin people are struggling financially. One would have thought that sales at a slightly reduced profit margin was better then a few sales.

The RRP for Pelicases is a joke. A quick search on Google will show that every retailer shows a heavy discount from the RRP. I have 4 Pelicases and bought them these people:

Peli case lifetime guarantee - Waterproof-Cases.co.uk

One thing that is particularly annoying is the way they display their prices net of VAT. In the UK and Europe we are used to seeing the all in price, that is, VAT included in the price. This gimmick of showing the price net of VAT is just an attention grabber. The bags are expensive but they are worth every penny if you consider the value of your cargo.

Conor,

Ex VAT is because they are a distributor and their intended market is B2B.
Only retailers who are operating in the B2C market are required to price inc VAT.

Stan

I have one of these and need a new foam insert , any I ideas where I could get one from ? Thanks Brian

Thanks Stan

I thought they were a retailer. I bought all my cases from them and would do so again.

All the best

Thanks Stan

I thought they were a retailer. I bought all my cases from them and would do so again.

All the best

Conor,

Their Website header states they are a Distributor, then again most players will cut their own customers throats to earn a $

Enjoy Portugal next month. I finish a trip on the Tweed for Salmon the day before you guys fly out and am too lazy to get down to Heathrow the same night.

​Stan

I have a hard insert that was in from when I bought it , it came x military so I'm not sure of options for me

Back