Read if you are using PayPal to buy/sell

KentCountryGent

Hi all,

If you are buying/selling anything firearm related (including accessories of any sort) using PayPal, a heads up that they are suspending accounts that are in breach of their 'acceptable usage policy' -
I have just had my PayPal account restricted until I provide them with more information about my transactions.

The email stated:
'A review of your account activity identified the sale of certain products or services that violate PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, the sale of ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or accessories.'
This may be old hat so apologies if so but I am guessing that putting certain terms in the payment reference section has caused this issue. Anybody else had this?

KCG

It's discriminatory. When you consider the case of a baker choosing not to serve a customer based on their sexual persuasion being prosecuted, how can larger businesses or financial establishments pick and choose how to treat people engaged in perfectly legal trade ?

Unfortunately, for Paypal (or any other payment service like Visa or Mastercard) to process any payment you make or receive, you must agree to abide by their terms of service - over which you have no control or input
We have our gun loving US cousins to thank for this.

Cheers

Bruce

Take a look at eBay.com, the sale of scopes, rings, reloading equipment etc happily goes on. PayPal is acceptable so is there a set of double standards being operated ? One for Americans and one for Europeans ?

I've only purchased machined parts, every one of them was honestly machined.
Whats the alternative, banks are the same?

Hi all,

If you are buying/selling anything firearm related (including accessories of any sort) using PayPal, a heads up that they are suspending accounts that are in breach of their 'acceptable usage policy' -
I have just had my PayPal account restricted until I provide them with more information about my transactions.

The email stated:
'A review of your account activity identified the sale of certain products or services that violate PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, the sale of ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or accessories.'
This may be old hat so apologies if so but I am guessing that putting certain terms in the payment reference section has caused this issue. Anybody else had this?

KCG
Watch this from this week's Fieldsports TV Channel:

Always remember, if unhappy with T & C’s or indeed vendor attitude follow the old maxim of ‘I’ll keep my money and you can keep your stuff’ (insert item or service etc) and.....walk away.

Back