Red Deer NZ documentary

Leica Amplus 6

dodgyknees

Thanks so much for posting this. It’s opened up a whole different avenue of historic hunting docos to watch with my two boys during lockdown.

A current series produced today that is top quality and screened on our free-to-air channels is NZ Hunter Adventures. I’m guessing you’d need a VPN to view them on the TVNZ website as they usually have geo restrictions like the BBC does.

Well worth it if you can.

caberslash

Thanks so much for posting this. It’s opened up a whole different avenue of historic hunting docos to watch with my two boys during lockdown.

A current series produced today that is top quality and screened on our free-to-air channels is NZ Hunter Adventures. I’m guessing you’d need a VPN to view them on the TVNZ website as they usually have geo restrictions like the BBC does.

Well worth it if you can.

Thanks for that recommendation, am looking into it but I think you are right, NZ restricted, shame!

The chopper work shown in this doco puts Holywood movies to shame.

What I find remarkable is how matter of fact the whole programme is, excellent photography as well.

caberslash

Cheers for posting this up cs, those pilots were good and the co-pilots fuggin nuts :cuckoo:

Yep, there were a lot of accidents, look up Deer Wars (2007) and they talk about the risk involved.

Balls of steel and good money while it lasted, they really lived!

Old-YOP

Thanks for posting that cs. Along with Deer Wars it just reinforces the depth of Tim Wallis' early creative involvement in the NZ deer industry. BTW notice his limp … that's from the calipers fitted after crash #17. Or maybe #18 !

And check out the attempted capture at time 30:00. That is one *very* lucky boy.

Night Vision Store